2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my FrogFab rock sliders this weekend and went to a local fire road (Latrobe Rd) with some off-shoot 4x4 paths to test them out (also to test my new 245/70R17 K02s).

I was able to get up some inclines that I failed or was too chicken to attempt before, and my overall confidence is just much higher with the added protection (and slight increase in height).

It was pretty nice compared to how smoky it’s been:

Cloud Sky Plant Window Plant community

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Grass

I swear these photos look completely mellow but I felt like I was going to tip over a couple times :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Sky Car Cloud

Wheel Tire Car Window Vehicle

Someone’s fender liner laying in the road:

Terrestrial animal Sand Tail Soil Road surface

The sliders took a nice hit on the driver side:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting

It held up great and I’m super happy with them.

I also took a bit too wide of a line over a boulder and my RF tire slipped off and I mangled my control arm a bit. Seems only cosmetic but I will get an alignment in the next couple weeks after I install my HS 2” lift and if needed order a replacement:

Helmet Wood Automotive tire Hand tool Auto part

It was a blast and I also got to test out my new deflators as well which worked great! I set them to 20psi and the tires all read 20-21psi in the instrument cluster. Nice to not have to squat down and do it manually. I don’t know that I would buy the expensive ones but for $36 for the kit these are worth it and seem like good quality:

Can’t wait to get my HS 2” kit in the mail soon and get it installed!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are from the previous weekend at Walker Ridge OHV trail, also mellow but a couple fun offshoots:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Sky Plant Mountain Natural environment Cloud

Tire Sky Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape Cloud

I want to go to some harder trails, but not by myself or just me and the kid.

If anyone is in the mid or northern CA area and wants to go on a trip, let me know!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice! What size rock sliders did you get? The 4" or 5" version? I've been eyeing some options...

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! What size rock sliders did you get? The 4" or 5" version? I've been eyeing some options...
I got the 4” and am very glad that I did. I was going back and forth and couldn’t decide, so just ordered the 4”.

They’re perfect: look good, stick out just the right amount for me, and have plenty of area to use as a step. I think they look wayyy better than the RRO and the more expensive FrogFab version that have the tube rails.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got the 4” and am very glad that I did. I was going back and forth and couldn’t decide, so just ordered the 4”.

They’re perfect: look good, stick out just the right amount for me, and have plenty of area to use as a step. I think they look wayyy better than the RRO and the more expensive FrogFab version that have the tube rails.
Yeah, I like the idea of a little extra protection on the side, but I don't think the tubular versions are really for me either. I was thinking that the Frog Fab 5" might be a viable middle ground, but maybe the 4" would be sufficient. I am assuming you need to open the doors to get a good foot hold on them. Are the rails a full 4" in width?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
fun! I like to joke, it ain't broke-in, 'till somethin's broke!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts