2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weeee neeeed a test pipppppeeee or high flow cat, the cherokees cant go that fast but are still pretty quick, plus the v6 straight piped is amazing and catches so much attention, i wanna make my crackle and pop so badly without a tune and figuring we have no performance fuel injectors and no test pipes i cannot, anyone have any info on what to do to make it sound better than it is (its loud but the dumba&& i am wants to make it pop and crackle like a bimmer馃グ, plus ive been looking a wheels and saw that srt hellcat wheels fit on a cherokee??? that true?

Registered
Weeee neeeed a test pipppppeeee or high flow cat, the cherokees cant go that fast but are still pretty quick, plus the v6 straight piped is amazing and catches so much attention, i wanna make my crackle and pop so badly without a tune and figuring we have no performance fuel injectors and no test pipes i cannot, anyone have any info on what to do to make it sound better than it is (its loud but the dumba&& i am wants to make it pop and crackle like a bimmer馃グ, plus ive been looking a wheels and saw that srt hellcat wheels fit on a cherokee??? that true?
All Charger/Challenger wheels have a 5x115 bolt pattern. Cherokee is 5x110. Offset is also different, so with needed adapters (to correct bolt pattern), you'd have an even bigger offset difference, tires would sit wayy out and you'd probably have rubbing.

Registered
The stock cat is not even being maxed out on its flow. The most restrictive part of the exhaust is the downpipe.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dam, we really need one badlyyyyy, people tend to not like these vehicles so the performance community doesnt wanna pay attention to our car which sucks, but the only thing we can do is wait..... i mean we can get a custom one done at a shop but isnt worth it imo

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
All Charger/Challenger wheels have a 5x115 bolt pattern. Cherokee is 5x110. Offset is also different, so with needed adapters (to correct bolt pattern), you'd have an even bigger offset difference, tires would sit wayy out and you'd probably have rubbing.
really? i thought dodge had 5x110. im willing to try tho

Registered

Premium Member
You don't need a test pipe or high flow cats.

If you want to make power exhaust is not the place to be looking for performance.
You need a tune if you want power, plain and simple.

Keep the stock resonator on and pick a muffler of your choice.

You dont need to crackle and pop to go fast, you dont need performance injectors.

Again if you want approx 50hp you do

1.Engine + Trans tune
2. PUG manifold
3. Ported TB
4. CAI

You aren't going to reinvent the wheel trying other "performance" parts that don't do anything.

The factory injectors work fine, even a moderately tuned pentastar on E85 doesn't need higher flow injectors.

To put it in perspective. You can do all the bolt ons I mentioned above without a tune and still be slower than a stock cherokee that only has a tune.

Did I mention a tune is what you want for performance? I've said it over and over because it's true.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

If you want to make power exhaust is not the place to be looking for performance.

You dont need to crackle and pop to go fast, you dont need performance injectors.

1.Engine + Trans tune
2. PUG manifold
3. Ported TB
4. CAI

You aren't going to reinvent the wheel trying other "performance" parts that don't do anything.

The factory injectors work fine, even a moderately tuned pentastar on E85 doesn't need higher flow injectors.

To put it in perspective. You can do all the bolt ons I mentioned above without a tune and still be slower than a stock cherokee that only has a tune.

Did I mention a tune is what you want for performance? I've said it over and over because it's true.
yes i understand that but i dont wanna void my warranty or lease so i just want the cracks and pops for personal pleasure honestly, yea im researching more wheels i can fit on the cherokee, plus how much in total do you think it would cost to engine/trans tune in all, again im looking for sounds atm, if u can help me out there if be happy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

1.Engine + Trans tune
2. PUG manifold
3. Ported TB
4. CAI

i havent seen any performance injectors

Premium Member
You can't get cracks and pops without a tune and even then its really not overly healthy for the engine.
For wheels look at Alfa Romeo Stelvio/Guilia wheels they are the same bolt pattern and come in 18 19" and 20" sizes.

Engine/Trans tune if you have a 2014 is about 1000$ because the PCM is unlocked, add another 250$ if you have a 2015+ which requires an unlocked PCM for tuning.

Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
If you are worried about your warranty/lease you shouldn't be looking at any of this...
You should be looking at a Cherokee that is out of warranty, buy, and play away!
Even our performance king @Tyler-98-W68 keeps his other, newer Cherokee stock...

Premium Member
If you are worried about your warranty/lease you shouldn't be looking at any of this...
You should be looking at a Cherokee that is out of warranty, buy, and play away!
Even our performance king @Tyler-98-W68 keeps his other, newer Cherokee stock...
The work involved getting the security module bypass installed and no support right now for the 2019+ = I'm not concerned about doing anything with my 2021. I know what the gains are I know how the V6's are programmed. If I had a 2019+ Turbo then yes I'd be working on it, but if you have a lease there is zero way i'd be modifying the PCM/TCM with programming as that would void warranty and be really easy to figure out as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
these are just ideas btw, never was gonna take this into condsideration馃ぃ馃ぃ, just love talking about ideas and whats possible with the cherokee, pretty fun topic, thx for the advice everyone, really do appreciate it!

Registered
Cracks and pops are bad for the car. I don't really understand trying to turn the cherkee into a performance SUV, that's not really what it's purpose is, and there is not going to be a big market for that, hell same reason there is not a big "performance mode" market for Rav4 or CRV etc.

Maybe it's because I have a TH and go offroad but honestly it is plenty of onroad performance and I'm not going to need more power as it has plenty to do more then the suspension and tired are happy with. And I want to suspension it has for its intended use. I mean it's not going to be a canyon carver, then again A/T tires are not designed for that either.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cracks and pops are bad for the car. I don't really understand trying to turn the cherkee into a performance SUV, that's not really what it's purpose is, and there is not going to be a big market for that, hell same reason there is not a big "performance mode" market for Rav4 or CRV etc.

Maybe it's because I have a TH and go offroad but honestly it is plenty of onroad performance and I'm not going to need more power as it has plenty to do more then the suspension and tired are happy with. And I want to suspension it has for its intended use. I mean it's not going to be a canyon carver, then again A/T tires are not designed for that either.
i simply like sporty looks, and this car has it for sure imo, i just like the sounds this car makes, with it straight piped it does pop very slightly when u let off the gas and what i wanted to do is just increase it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts