2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,009 Posts
I just ordered this kit and plan on putting some 245 70 17's on my 2019 Trailhawk. I will post pics following the install.
Excellent!!! Definitely keep us posted on the build. I would recommend ordering a Rear Wheel Centering Kit and top reinforcement strut collars from Hazard Sky or MFC as well, and do it all together. Proper Installation is Key to Drama Free...😎

·
Registered
5 Posts
There it is the Teraflex 2 inch on my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk . Easy install and the shock bracket extension was a piece of cake. Still need to put some strut Spacers on as soon as they arrive. For the price and ease of install I highly recommend the Teraflex.

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
There it is the Teraflex 2 inch on my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk . Easy install and the shock bracket extension was a piece of cake. Still need to put some strut Spacers on as soon as they arrive. For the price and ease of install I highly recommend the Teraflex.
I would recommend a Rear Wheel Centering Kit also. See how the rear wheels are sitting towards the front of the wheel well??? This will alleviate this...😎

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,154 Posts
I would recommend a Rear Wheel Centering Kit also. See how the rear wheels are sitting towards the front of the wheel well??? This will alleviate this...😎
From the look kit pictures, there is a centering kit on it. I agree the back tire looks forward a good bit. I went back to look at mine, and the rear definably looks more centered.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
From the look kit pictures, there is a centering kit on it. I agree the back tire looks forward a good bit. I went back to look at mine, and the rear definably looks more centered.
Well, if there is a spacer, it needs to be a little bigger I think...😎

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,154 Posts
Well, if there is a spacer, it needs to be a little bigger I think...😎
It looks like the normal size. Those bolts are only so long, so its not like you can just make them longer. Not sure why it would be like that unless its something with the additional bracket. I would have to look more into what its actually moving. Here is a pic of mine for reference. I've got one from last weekend that's covered in mud, but shows the outline of the tire quite well. 2" CBF lift with centering kit. These are with 265/70s.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
51 Posts
To answer a few questions I have seen in the thread. The shock does limit travel by about 3/8" once the sway bar is disconnected it drops another 1/2". I didn't check it once I put the shock extensions in. The strut spacers measures 1 5/8". That spacer with dobinsons 29-150 springs is a definite no go. Even with a bumper and winch. One thing I like about this lift over other options out there are the fact that the rear spacers are wedge shapped. Other spacers I have seen leave the springs sitting at weird angle. The shock bracket is definitely an added bonus over other kits I have seen.
Negatives about this kit. They want you to bend the bolt tab on the strut out of the way. I opted to drill a hole through the tab and milled the spacers down to 1 3/16" because as stated above. The 1 5/8" spacers and the dobinson springs just stretched everything way too much!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
To answer a few questions I have seen in the thread. The shock does limit travel by about 3/8" once the sway bar is disconnected it drops another 1/2". I didn't check it once I put the shock extensions in. The strut spacers measures 1 5/8". That spacer with dobinsons 29-150 springs is a definite no go. Even with a bumper and winch. One thing I like about this lift over other options out there are the fact that the rear spacers are wedge shapped. Other spacers I have seen leave the springs sitting at weird angle. The shock bracket is definitely an added bonus over other kits I have seen.
Negatives about this kit. They want you to bend the bolt tab on the strut out of the way. I opted to drill a hole through the tab and milled the spacers down to 1 3/16" because as stated above. The 1 5/8" spacers and the dobinson springs just stretched everything way too much!!
After milling the spacer and installing on the Dobinson Did you happen to measure the distance from ground to top of wheel well opening? Curious to what that gave you

41 - 58 of 58 Posts