2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a two part question I'm hoping y'all can help me answer. Recently purchased a 2016 trailhawk and went and installed the Hazzard Sky 2" spacer lift kit. I'm really happy with the result - I love off roading and the extra ground clearance definitely makes a difference. I want to go higher though. Do any suspension kits exist which would be compatible with the Hazzard spacers I've already got? I'm willing to shell out a decent amount of cash when I eventually do this but struggling to find much online.
2nd part of the question is about larger tires. Currently I have the factory Firestone destination AT's - they get the job done but with lift I will be able to get something beefier. My question is if I were to go and do this what do I do about a spare. Will I be able to fit a bigger one in the factory spare slot or what options would I have?
Thanks for the help y'all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats on the new TH! For maximum lift, most are running Dobinsons shocks/struts/coils in combination with a partial Aussie/Hazard Sky/MFC lift. Those who have ran the combined lift from the Dobinsons and Aussie/HS/MFC lift have noted that it rapidly expedites wear and failure of suspension and steering components. With that being the case, many run the Dobinsons suspension with a reduced version of the Aussie/HS/MFC lift and found that it was a good compromise of lift and reliability.

To answer question two, it really depends on what size tire you're looking to run. I personally have 5th full size wheel/tire spare, which I was able to completely fit with a little modification to the spare wheel well with no need to deflate the tire. It is a Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail in 255/65R18: 31.1" Diameter, 8.6" Tread Width, and a 10.4" Section Width. You may be able to fit larger or wider in, which others have, but most require you to air down the spare.

There are dozens of threads on these topics, so make use of that search bar, take your time and read up what others have experienced, then decide how you'd like to proceed.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the Hazard Sky 1-1/2" lift on my '15 TH and have LT265/65R17 tires, which gets that lift to about 2 inches overall. Concerning the ride and stability, as well as ground clearance, I'm satisfied with where I am right now.

Now everyone is different, but one of my concerns when I was researching lifts and tires was unusual wear of steering and suspension components, so I did what I did primarily because of that. Am I happy? Yes, I am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts