2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 trailhawk , does not have the subwoofer or upgraded system, I was curious if I could tap into the door speakers in the rear if so does anyone know what color I tap into? I would like to avoid pulling the head unit to tap in a line out converter. I have searched all over and I cant seem to find what color wires to tap into. Any info would be amazing, thanks fellow jeepers.

·
Registered
940 Posts
On mine I tapped in behind the display for the front speakers. It was easier than pulling door panels. Comes right out.

Left Front Speaker (+/-) gray/purple - gray/yellow

Right Front Speaker (+/-) dk. green/purple - dk. green/yellow

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
342 Posts
Just curious, but wouldn't that connection method send a full frequency signal to the sub or will you add a crossover there to allow only low frequency signals?

Thought I saw somewhere that the 9-speaker harness was run in all 6 and 9 speaker vehicles, but since my brain is not operating as well as in my youth (ha!), then maybe I only thought that Jeep would do that, but it actually didn't happen...

Reactions: SamstrailhawkKL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On mine I tapped in behind the display for the front speakers. It was easier than pulling door panels. Comes right out.

Left Front Speaker (+/-) gray/purple - gray/yellow

Right Front Speaker (+/-) dk. green/purple - dk. green/yellow
I'm not to well versed on this stuff, I'm assuming I would need to run those connections to a line out converter right ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
You would connect: Speaker wires > Line Out Converter > Low-Pass Crossover > Amplifier > Subwoofer.
Make note that many amplifiers have a built-in crossover; some even accept speaker level inputs. You can even buy some self-contained Subwoofer packages that accept Speaker-level input wires (do they still make/sell Bazooka Subs?!?). Shop around and figure out your options.

Reactions: SamstrailhawkKL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would connect: Speaker wires > Line Out Converter > Low-Pass Crossover > Amplifier > Subwoofer.
Make note that many amplifiers have a built-in crossover; some even accept speaker level inputs. You can even buy some self-contained Subwoofer packages that accept Speaker-level input wires (do they still make/sell Bazooka Subs?!?). Shop around and figure out your options.
Thanks, and believe it or not they do make bazooka tubes and from what I've read they actually sound pretty good inside. I'm not looking for a system people can hear from down the road, I'm now 34, that stage of my life has passed, but I still like to feel the music in my car

·
Registered
940 Posts
I use the 12-volt outlet in the cargo area. I have it in the switched position so it is only live when the vehicle is on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you guys for so many good tips thanks to them I managed to wire my subwoofer easily but after this, I found out that I have some problems with the speakers, the sound was very blurry and I had no idea what to do. At first I thought that the problem is with the cables connection but after I checked all connections and changed them the problem was still there. So I decided to call my friend that works in this area and he told me that the problem for sure is in the speakers, so I decided to change them, but I didn't want to buy the same model because I was afraid that even if I buy a new one the problem will not be resolved, so my friend recommended me a site with good reviews where I found some good speakers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts