2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah,,would have felt normal if I felt any braking at all. Since I posted this, I
found myself in a situ where I had to tromp the pedal to avoid and pass some fool going 35 on the interstate. The tranny shifted to God knows where,,Im not even sure what the rpms reached..didn't feel any acceleration. A bit unusual.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
When that happens to me my RPM's go up to what feels like 10,000, and then I get the super jerk/lurch before finally being in the clear and accelerating. Yeah, thats "normal" alright.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't know your build date, but the May TSB for the transmission adjusted my shifting so I would get to higher gears faster.

After the update, my cruising RPM was lower, and I on the turnpike I generally drive in 8th gear, and see 9th more often.

So, has this TSB been applied?
Wait you have seen it shift to 9th gear? I have been 120mph trying to get it to shift to 9th with no luck. Even tried overriding it with the manual bull cr
Don't know your build date, but the May TSB for the transmission adjusted my shifting so I would get to higher gears faster.

After the update, my cruising RPM was lower, and I on the turnpike I generally drive in 8th gear, and see 9th more often.

So, has this TSB been applied?
Wait I have tried everything to get in to 9th gear with no luck been all the way to 120mph stays in 8th. Been getting stuck in one gear on the freeway and had no acceleration or ability to down shift with both auto an the manual slap crap got knocking when I start the car sounding like

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wait you have seen it shift to 9th gear? I have been 120mph trying to get it to shift to 9th with no luck. Even tried overriding it with the manual bull cr

Wait I have tried everything to get in to 9th gear with no luck been all the way to 120mph stays in 8th. Been getting stuck in one gear on the freeway and had no acceleration or ability to down shift with both auto an the manual slap crap got knocking when I start the car sounding like
A diesel truck starting now the off road is also saying its unavailable when im driving and when that happens I lose my ability to shift gears till I stop and restart the car

41 - 44 of 44 Posts