2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Needing some advice before taking my Grand Cherokee to the mechanics. I’ve had the error message come up “start/stop unavailable service start/stop system”. My jeep is a 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited, with just over 130k on it. The first couple of times when I get that message come up I’ve pulled over shut the jeep off let it sit for a couple of minutes and then restarted it and the message would be gone, however driving it today the message wouldn’t go away after stopping it and restarting it. Any ideas as to what is causing this or is there something that I can do to fix this, or is this going to be an expensive trip to the mechanics? Any help is much appreciated, thanks for your time!

·
Registered
367 Posts
This forum is for the baby Cherokee (KL) and not the Grand. There are some differences in the charging systems between the two, but the standard answer for the KL is a battery load test. More times than not, start/stop unavailable is related to an old/bad battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This forum is for the baby Cherokee (KL) and not the Grand. There are some differences in the charging systems between the two, but the standard answer for the KL is a battery load test. More times than not, start/stop unavailable is related to an old/bad battery.
Sorry about that! But thank you for the info.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sure thing, no problem at all! Hope that maybe that helps to point you in the right direction. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts