2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2015 KL Limited v6 with the start-stop feature. I've never had this feature before this vehicle and I have noticed a problem that shows on my cluster. I get a message that says that the start/stop is not ready driver's door open.

The thing is I have no indicator light that the door is ajar or open, it just says in my messages that the start-stop is not ready with the driver's door supposedly opened.

What could be wrong? I don't believe it is throwing a code at all. Unless the message is a code?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I would think that if the door switch was showing the door open, you'd have the door open message in the EVIC and interior lights would be on. Seems to me like maybe a computer thing.

One question...is there anything plugged into your OBD port? Wondering if one of those aftermarket ESS disable devices might be connected there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think that if the door switch was showing the door open, you'd have the door open message in the EVIC and interior lights would be on. Seems to me like maybe a computer thing.

One question...is there anything plugged into your OBD port? Wondering if one of those aftermarket ESS disable devices might be connected there.
I'll go check real quick on the OBD port.

edit Nope nothing there

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Hmmm. Google doesn't show me much, but a few with the Stop/Start door open message did end up replacing the driver's door latch. No door ajar light for them either... Wish there was a better way to diagnose this.. Door latch is expensive..

·
Vendor
190 Posts
Hello,

There is a software update for the BCM, as outlined in this TSB (08-013-15 Jeep Technical Service Bulletin), which is one possibility. It says: "Customer and or Technician may notice one of more of the following: A message may be displayed in the cluster "Start/Stop Not Available", this may have started after the battery was disconnected. On Further inspection the Technician may find DTC U0216 Lost Communication With Driver Door Switch."

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Had TSB 08-111-14 done to my 2014 V6 TH 2/12/2015. This TSB is superseded by TSB 08-013-15.
According to my Service Advisor I do not need to have TSB 08-013-15 done.
I don't have start/stop. Never had this problem so I guess the update works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,

There is a software update for the BCM, as outlined in this TSB (08-013-15 Jeep Technical Service Bulletin), which is one possibility. It says: "Customer and or Technician may notice one of more of the following: A message may be displayed in the cluster "Start/Stop Not Available", this may have started after the battery was disconnected. On Further inspection the Technician may find DTC U0216 Lost Communication With Driver Door Switch."
Would that affect my year also? I have the 2015 year Cherokee.

I noticed earlier today that my driver's side door switch does not unlock or lock my doors from the buttons. Everything else on that switch pad works but those.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I don't get it. TSB 08-013-15 says one symptom is a Stop/Start message and is for 2014 Cherokees. As @sanghill pointed out, 2014 Cherokees do not have Stop/Start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts