2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mark,
If you recall, last fall my ESS was acting up. The dealer discovered the hood wasn’t tight enough. Do you think the hood issue could be the gremlin in these cases?

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Mark,
If you recall, last fall my ESS was acting up. The dealer discovered the hood wasn’t tight enough. Do you think the hood issue could be the gremlin in these cases?
Please refresh my memory : which exact ESS symptoms / error messages were you getting back then ? I've stumbled onto a recent post of yours where you said they eventually replaced your battery as well... so I'm a bit confused with the sequence of events ;)
But yeah a triggered sensor can trip up ESS for sure, like a door or hood switch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here’s the post I made at the time:

I was getting error messages, after noticing the hood flutter. After the dealer tightened the hood, it cured the problem for a few months. After the ESS stopped working this spring, I took it back in, where they found the battery needed replaced. It’s been working well since then.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Here’s the post I made at the time:

I was getting error messages, after noticing the hood flutter. After the dealer tightened the hood, it cured the problem for a few months. After the ESS stopped working this spring, I took it back in, where they found the battery needed replaced. It’s been working well since then.
Ok, thanks. Do you remember what error messages you were getting back then ? I'm asking because we're trying to narrow down what is going on with specific ESS error messages. You obviously got "Battery charging" before they replaced the battery, but I'm more intrerested in the messages prior to hood tightening.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok, thanks. Do you remember what error messages you were getting back then ? I'm asking because we're trying to narrow down what is going on with specific ESS error messages. You obviously got "Battery charging" before they replaced the battery, but I'm more intrerested in the messages prior to hood tightening.
Sorry, but I don’t remember exactly. I believe they were just generic messages saying there was an error with the ESS System.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts