2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doors are squeaking, ive sprayed all hinges with white lithium grease, then sprayed all moving parts that attach to the door. I put marine grade grease on the plastic guides. I think that is where the problem is, the plastic part that guides the door. Ive greased it twice, and it seems to just get pushed off the guide. Any ideas on how to get this to stop?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've had similar issues when it gets hot out, and like you mentioned, it's coming from the plastic guide. If you continue to spray it, but nothing works, then you might have to physically remove the whole piece, and grease it internally. I can't imagine it's that difficult to remove.

I've greased it a couple times, once with a spray, and another with a tube of grease, and both times didn't seem to work well, if at all.

·
Super Moderator
7,388 Posts
Have the same issue on my driver's door....it seems to be worse this summer than ever before. I've previously been able to help with white lithium spray, but haven't hit it yet this year....I may take it apart as mentioned above but working 7 days a week now that rentals are open....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went out and sprayed white lithium inside the track where that plastic guide goes into, though I doubt it will last. After opening and closing the doors a couple times to spread the grease it was already being pushed off the guide.
Is there something inside the door making the racket or is it the guide itself?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've had those guides as you call them fail on other vehicles. Its actually common. They are usually pretty easy to replace. The correct name of the part is door check. Based on a quick search it's only a $15-20 dollar part for our Cherokee's. They are plastic and do wear out. I personally would just replace it. Here is the part number 68103030AA for the front doors. Double check the fit since you didn't mention your year of KL.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I sprayed mine with "PB Blaster multipurpose lubricant with Teflon" a couple of weeks ago and so far the squeak has not returned. Does still have a small sound a little like plastic rubbing plastic though, not completely quiet as I had hoped.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes this summer I have noticed the issue as well on my driver door. My car has 10k miles. Perhaps I should just go to the dealer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Our RH Rear door is doing this :mad:

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Thank goodness this thread was stated not long ago. My driver's rear door has started sounding like an old rusted ford and I've lubed everything up to the nines.

Reactions: Trailfirst

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the best fix? Have a 2014 Cherokee still under warranty, the squeaky doors are driving me nuts! Should I take it to a dealership on warranty or is there a proven quik fix?

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
207 Posts
Use a silicon based lube.

Many common auto lubricants can actually be harmful, and others don't last.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Step 1. With a paper towel, Carefully wipe all grease and residue off.

Step 2. Using a small square of 100 grit sandpaper, lightly sand a crosshatch X pattern on both sides its entire length, (top and bottom).

Step 3. Again, wipe clean with a paper towel.

Step 4. Send me twenty bucks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I used some white lithium grease. Made it better but not perfect.

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Step 1. With a paper towel, Carefully wipe all grease and residue off.

Step 2. Using a small square of 100 grit sandpaper, lightly sand a crosshatch X pattern on both sides its entire length, (top and bottom).

Step 3. Again, wipe clean with a paper towel.

Step 4. Send me twenty bucks.
Yeah - this is the next direction I was gonna go in as well - reduces contact area and holds / distributes lubricant.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts