2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
I used champion iridium before .(in my other car) and they are fine - cheap at rock auto. I would also not change until 100k or 10 years unless there is a check engine light. I would be fine using ngk also.

You cannot use traditional gap tool with fine tip / iridium plugs - read what it says about that on manufacturers web site - most come pre-gapped ...

Registered
Ok. The waiting is killing me 馃榿

Spark plug replacement : 100K miles. If you aren't at or near 100K, they just want your money.

To get to the plugs on the 3.2L, you need to remove the upper intake manifold. I have instructions for doing this, courtesy of... a trusted and extremely helpful forum member here. I'll share if needed.

Apparently Rock Auto has the Champion Iridium plugs for about $5 each.
About to do plugs on our 2014 V6.. I would love to get a copy of those instructions if you still have them and are so inclined, please?

Registered
About to do plugs on our 2014 V6.. I would love to get a copy of those instructions if you still have them and are so inclined, please?
Hi,
Humm that was 3.5 years ago. I can't remember where those instructions are, and the trusted member I referred to hasn't been on the forum for a while... I haven't done my own plugs, had a problem that prompted an early plug change because of an oil leak, from a valve cover spark plug gasket. Plugs were still good at 65K miles... but once in there for the leak, decided to get the plugs done.

That said, YouTube has some help. I looked at few quickly, this one seems Ok :

As said previously, if you haven't purchased the plugs yet, try Rock Auto, they have the Champion Iridiums cheaper than anything else you'll find out there, probably. And the OEM/Mopar plugs are Champion Iridiums, I confirmed this from many sources including my Jeep dealership (I brought my own plugs there).

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Don't forget the intake gasket set, and everything else you're going to need. That doesn't look like much fun at all!!!馃槑

Registered
Hi,
Humm that was 3.5 years ago. I can't remember where those instructions are, and the trusted member I referred to hasn't been on the forum for a while... I haven't done my own plugs, had a problem that prompted an early plug change because of an oil leak, from a valve cover spark plug gasket. Plugs were still good at 65K miles... but once in there for the leak, decided to get the plugs done.

That said, YouTube has some help. I looked at few quickly, this one seems Ok :

As said previously, if you haven't purchased the plugs yet, try Rock Auto, they have the Champion Iridiums cheaper than anything else you'll find out there, probably. And the OEM/Mopar plugs are Champion Iridiums, I confirmed this from many sources including my Jeep dealership (I brought my own plugs there).
Awesome. Thank You!

Reactions: Mark_
21 - 26 of 26 Posts