·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Reactions: rumrunner

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,888 Posts
but dies when you disconnect them, that means it's the alternator?
Not necessarily. You really need to check voltage outputs, though quite difficult if it won't stay running. Try putting a good charge on the battery, and get it to stay running, and check the resting and running voltage. If it's putting out 13.6-14+, the alternator is working. Still could be the battery just so shot that it won't take any charge. Charging attempt is definitely required. Good luck, and keep us posted...😎

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not necessarily. You really need to check voltage outputs, though quite difficult if it won't stay running. Try putting a good charge on the battery, and get it to stay running, and check the resting and running voltage. If it's putting out 13.6-14+, the alternator is working. Still could be the battery just so shot that it won't take any charge. Charging attempt is definitely required. Good luck, and keep us posted...😎
I'll pass that on. thank you. it's part of the company's fleet, so I'm far removed from decision making but they do ask for opinions

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ah ha, company car...Call a wrecker to come get the thing, and drag it to the shop then...LOL...😎
approx 2 yrs ago, business owner's wife had a stroke, so he bought a handicap van w/ a lift & everything. not long after, well maybe a year, the van showed up in our back lot. I guess she has improved & they have other transportation arrangements. so it's been in the back for a long time w/ zero use. he needs to unload it. there's also a Ford Fusion (year?) in really good shape w/ lots of options, I've been eyeballing it for my Son. I could probably get it for a good price. but he might be better off w/ another Toyota. there must be 7 cars the owner is juggling, including 2 for him & 2 for the Director of Photography. this is another of his. no idea how it is registered
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,888 Posts
approx 2 yrs ago, business owner's wife had a stroke, so he bought a handicap van w/ a lift & everything. not long after, well maybe a year, the van showed up in our back lot. I guess she has improved & they have other transportation arrangements. so it's been in the back for a long time w/ zero use. he needs to unload it. there's also a Ford Fusion (year?) in really good shape w/ lots of options, I've been eyeballing it for my Son. I could probably get it for a good price. but he might be better off w/ another Toyota. there must be 7 cars the owner is juggling, including 2 for him & 2 for the Director of Photography. this is another of his. no idea how it is registered
View attachment 217915
Nice!!! Now you're talking my language!!! I'd try to buy that one. Even an old Ford guy like myself can appreciate a 57 Bel Air convertible...😮😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts