2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is my main question as I am considering getting a 2016 Trailhawk. Thanks.

IOW will we still be reading reports of tranny problems with the 2016's?

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
The vast majority of 2014s and 2015s are functioning properly. Its a vocal minority that voice their frustrations on places like this and other forums. We have a Sept 2014 built 2015 TH that has been superb!! No regrets whatsoever!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I agree with taatmk and personally guarantee the '16's will be problem free!

I like that guarantee--if I ever get my current KL repaired, maybe I will take you up on the new guarantee for 2016.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The vast majority of 2014s and 2015s are functioning properly. Its a vocal minority that voice their frustrations on places like this and other forums. We have a Sept 2014 built 2015 TH that has been superb!! No regrets whatsoever!
You haven't had R01, correct?

I have a 10/14 build date, and received notification (they left messages on my phone at least more than 5 times, and sent me mail as well). I don't understand why some (like me) received R01, while some with earlier built date do not.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
You haven't had R01, correct?
That is correct...no notice, no notification. Nothing..and I have not had it performed either.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have have a perverse theory. I suspect that in the beginning Chrysler used some ZF-manufactured transmissions while getting its own factory up to speed. Mine was ordered the day the KL hit showrooms and was built Dec 2013. No shifting issues and no transmission flashes.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
the correct answer here is nobody has any idea when or if they will figure it out..
Hopefully they will....
If the FCA engineer designed a helicopter transmission...would you fly in it?

·
Registered
562 Posts
the correct answer here is nobody has any idea when or if they will figure it out..
Hopefully they will....
Well, considering a helo only needs 1 gear, probably not... the extra 8 would be MAJOR overkill!!

:wink:>:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a theory, FCA is doing an experiment on us. Some receive notification as the "experimental group" and some don't as the "control group." They want to gather statistics on the effectiveness of the new software.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Hopefully they will....
Helos can auto-rotate and safely (depending on your definition of 'safe') land in case of engine/gear failure. :p

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have a theory, FCA is doing an experiment on us. Some receive notification as the "experimental group" and some don't as the "control group." They want to gather statistics on the effectiveness of the new software.

I received a letter and a phone call telling me to get the R01 done or the durability of the transmission may be in question. So I did it. My question based on your premise is, if the experiment fails, can I get a full refund for participating in the study when my transmission blows?

Reactions: SonicSoundKL

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Question--I never had the R01--but I did have the TSB RRT-15003 which I think is the same update before it became a recall (R -01). Anybody verify that for me or may have had the TSB RRT-15003?

·
Registered
55 Posts
As all cars become integrated with software management system to control almost every aspect of the car, things change each year. You may have a perfectly functioning car one day, and experience something very different after a simple upgrade.

Mechanical deficiencies are normally addressed within the year a car is released. Software however, can easily be compromised long after by a misplaced line of code, or a test line left in place at each upgrade This happens now, on everything from PCs and phones to aircraft. Cars will be no different. Expect in the future that the upgrades will be delivered directly to the vehicles component through satellite or mobile devices.

Another future issue then would be that cars are becoming integrated with communication networks and mobile devices and are also subject to malware or viruses just like any other digital device. Imagine the fun.

So, I would not lump software in with all mechanical issues because they can happen much later in a cars lifespan.

Reactions: SonicSoundKL

·
Registered
145 Posts
Every time I see a negative thread started I have a good chuckle, like its the most plagued vehicle ever created.... for every 1 bad experience there's 30+ people with no issues simple statistics why post about a car that functions without issues vs posting about bad experiences. Look at the new range rovers & bmws coming out 8 & 9 speed transmissions to meet our ever growing mpg needs... 3 Months in 2500+Km & I love my TH

Reactions: TedB

·
Registered
795 Posts
I guess this is my main question as I am considering getting a 2016 Trailhawk. Thanks.

IOW will we still be reading reports of tranny problems with the 2016's?
What transmission problems?

Reactions: ptrudel and zzjdzz
1 - 20 of 154 Posts