2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sirius starting cutting in and out and doesn't find signal. I think that the issue is possibly the base of the antenna as its loose and there seems to be moisture getting in from under it. However, its possible it could be the tuner.

First, does anyone know how to get the metal covering that is blocking one to get the the antenna base? I was able to get the headliner down.

Next, if I want to trouble shoot or replace the tuner - where is that located?

This is for a 2015.

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,739 Posts
The Sirius starting cutting in and out and doesn't find signal. I think that the issue is possibly the base of the antenna as its loose and there seems to be moisture getting in from under it. However, its possible it could be the tuner.

First, does anyone know how to get the metal covering that is blocking one to get the the antenna base? I was able to get the headliner down.

Next, if I want to trouble shoot or replace the tuner - where is that located?

This is for a 2015.
The tuner is built in to the Uconnect. If your antenna base is loose, it's very likely that is the problem. As far as removal, I can't help you, but maybe someone will chime in that knows. The base being loose is definitely not a good thing, and there's definitely a high probability of leaking, and water infiltration is a different set of inevitable problems on these things...😎

1 - 2 of 2 Posts