2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

641 - 660 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is that an Outback I see there?

Thoughts on the KL vs Outback?

A buddy has a similar Outback.

That's actually the wife's Legacy. I have only driven it a couple of times so it's hard for me to compare. She doesn't like it much (too big for her, and she dislikes the twitchy gas pedal at low speeds), and she will likely trade it for something else this year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These were taken on a 2017 trip to the Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming.
"Rock Pony" was still stock and we took this trail which had 3,000' elevation drop in about 4 miles.
My brother in law said it had been graded recently, if so, no one could tell!
Every other vehicle we saw was lifted at least 6" and had VERY large rubber under them!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
My new car tradition - a run out to Death Valley

Most KL-friendly trails were closed in Death Valley over the President's Day weekend - I guess they were protecting them from rutting which can make them impassable when it dries out. I did make it up to the old mines at Chloride City (mostly easy, some rocky crawls) and Echo Canyon (only went as far as Inyo Mine as the waterfall beyond that is borderline for a stock KL with no spotter). On Sunday I took a run up to the Racetrack and hit some snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks nice - I like a little space between the tires and wheel wells. Which lift did you go with? Have you added tires?

I followed the work of Seacomms, JustaskDave, and SnowHawk2015.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f428/there-s-hope-off-shelf-cherokee-kl-lift-3655881/index4.html

http://www.justaskdave.com.au/kl-cherokee-lift/

I did what could be characterized as SnowHawk2015's Rev A. (1.5"). There's a ton of great info in SnowHawk's threads.

No tires yet. Budget constraints.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Picked up a new 2019 Latitude V6. Not much planned.....so far new take off Compass wheels wrapped in Yokohama Geolander A/T's in the stock 225/65 size (I did not care for the OE wheels/tires), 1" hub centric wheel spacers/adapters and matching front window tint. Going to drop down to .75" spacers/adapters in the rear. Ordered up a Hazard Sky leveling kit this morning.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Had a good little photo op so I took it. One of our daycare ladies' husband has a pretty sick WK2 Trailhawk. (I'd do a few things to it personally. He bought it like this last year and hasn't changed anything. A couple things bug me about it but it's still a cool ride.) I've still never met the guy but I need to get together with him and take this poor caged beast off the pavement somewhere.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Started the chrome delete process. So far all badges, grille and wheels have been blacked out. Next week the side window surrounds get wrapped matte black. Wheels are KMC Nomad's (18x8) with 245/60-18 Yokohama Geolander AT's. Hazard Sky leveling kit installed.

Shares a home with the CJ.....

641 - 660 of 691 Posts