2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
AAA is a thought that I should consider. I am a geocacher so I do go out on the two track dirt and rocky roads in the desert that AAA might not respond to. It would work for times like yesterday when the car died in my driveway.
A battery jump starter is great for other things, like charging our cell phones, boosting my electric cooler battery, or charging my cordless tire pump, so its use can be beyond just jump starting.

I don't geocache, but I spend a lot of time far from cell service. I invested in a Garmin InReach Mini satellite communicator. It has a monthly subscription fee, but it's worth the peace of mind when I'm out in the boonies. You might want to keep something like Arizona 4x4 OffRoad Recovery in your contacts. You might not be able to call them, but with the InReach you can certainly text them!

Yeah the Northstar is an endangered species (that includes the X2 Power). Odyssey have not disclosed when there won't be any left. Batteries+ had a contract with Northstar, but a Northstar executive did tell me the relationship was covered by a NDA, so we have no details on when Batteries+ will run out, and what the replacement will be (meaning do they have a deal with Odyssey to continue selling their premium AGMs, or not).
We X2 Battery (and Northstar) guys might be singing a different tune if we need warranty service in 5 (or 3) years.

Reactions: Mark_

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
A battery jump starter is great for other things, like charging our cell phones, boosting my electric cooler battery, or charging my cordless tire pump, so its use can be beyond just jump starting.

I don't geocache, but I spend a lot of time far from cell service. I invested in a Garmin InReach Mini satellite communicator. It has a monthly subscription fee, but it's worth the peace of mind when I'm out in the boonies. You might want to keep something like Arizona 4x4 OffRoad Recovery in your contacts. You might not be able to call them, but with the InReach you can certainly text them!

We X2 Battery (and Northstar) guys might be singing a different tune if we need warranty service in 5 (or 3) years.
We'll likely get the Odyssey if we need replacements...馃槑

Registered
We'll likely get the Odyssey if we need replacements...馃槑
That's a strong possibility. Or... maybe, offer a credit for the initial amount paid for the X2 Power. Either way Odyssey has to be involved. Anywhere but AZ, these batteries should last more than 5 years barring defects. But you AZ folks... Will be intetesting to see what happens for sure.

Registered
I love how you folks preach about this battery. Batteries Plus X2 AGM. There is one problem . Not everyone has a Batteries Plus near them. How about an equivalent battery folks.
There is no equivalent.

X2 batteries are made by Unicorns with magical fairy dust....at least that is what Flybynightcr told me. ;)

Registered
I also live in AZ and when my battery died on my Trailhawk, I jump started for a couple days with a GooLoo GP1500 battery jump starter and car started 1st try each time...small, convenient powerful jump start...highly recommended .I think current model is now the GooLoo GT1500 (about $120).
I went to Battery Plus and purchased the X2 AGM battery with 5 year replacement warranty.

Registered
I also live in AZ and when my battery died on my Trailhawk, I jump started for a couple days with a GooLoo GP1500 battery jump starter and car started 1st try each time...small, convenient powerful jump start...highly recommended .I think current model is now the GooLoo GT1500 (about $120).
I went to Battery Plus and purchased the X2 AGM battery with 5 year replacement warranty.
Several BatteryPlus stores in Phoenix area carry the X2 AGM $329
X2Power Premium AGM 840CCA BCI Group 94R Car and Truck Battery - SLI94RAGMDP at Batteries Plus

Reactions: Flybynightcru
21 - 27 of 27 Posts