2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just bought a 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk that has 43000 miles on it last Monday. Dealer was amazing, very trustworthy. They did say there was a recall on my jeep relating to the shake when steering wheel is turned to full lock. I was like ok, then fix it. they got into it, needed to order parts, i didn't ask what needed done because this was on their tab, not mine. I dropped it off today and chatted with the service guy, seems i needed a new differential in the rear. I called them back at 5 and they are not only replacing the entire rear end, but the axle shafts too. IDK if this is the fix or not, but I've spoken to other people, and this steering wheel lock shudder seems common. Maybe you guys already know, maybe you don't I hope this helps you. If you still have a powertrain warranty I'd have it checked out.

i will update when i find out more tomorrow afternoon.

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,392 Posts
I Just bought a 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk that has 43000 miles on it last Monday. Dealer was amazing, very trustworthy. They did say there was a recall on my jeep relating to the shake when steering wheel is turned to full lock. I was like ok, then fix it. they got into it, needed to order parts, i didn't ask what needed done because this was on their tab, not mine. I dropped it off today and chatted with the service guy, seems i needed a new differential in the rear. I called them back at 5 and they are not only replacing the entire rear end, but the axle shafts too. IDK if this is the fix or not, but I've spoken to other people, and this steering wheel lock shudder seems common. Maybe you guys already know, maybe you don't I hope this helps you. If you still have a powertrain warranty I'd have it checked out.

i will update when i find out more tomorrow afternoon.
Glad to hear the dealer is taking care of your recall, Starrskream Please keep us updated on the outcome.

Kate
JeepCares

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Wish my Jeep dealship was trustworthy ,My dealership broke off all my tabs on the intake housing and a bunch of other tabs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they ended up replacing the entire differental, both axles and all seals/ bearings etc.
No more read end shudder/ noise. they also found a massive gouge in my wheel, ordered me a new one no charge!
holy crap this dealership is going above and beyond. Only bought the jeep a week ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts