2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Jeep Cherokee with $43k miles. When I am driving down the road you can hear a scraping/creaking noise coming from the rear of the car. Maybe from tires? It is especially noticeable when reversing. It does it only when the car is moving obviously.
Any ideas on what the problem may be?
I called Jeep but they want to charge a large diagnostic fee since it’s no longer in warranty.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Which version of Cherokee?
Do you drive off road?
Are the rear brake rotors rusty?
Get your tires rotated, usually free where you bought them, and have the mechanic do a thorough visual check of the under carriage while it is up in the air.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which version of Cherokee?
Do you drive off road?
Are the rear brake rotors rusty?
Get your tires rotated, usually free where you bought them, and have the mechanic do a thorough visual check of the under carriage while it is up in the air.
Thanks for your response. It is a Jeep Cherokee limited. I do not off road. It’s all city driving.
Just had new tires put on maybe 3 months ago. I’ll take your advice and go back to where I purchased the tires and have them checkout the rotors and undercarriage.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a groaning noise when turning slowly - ie. mainly happened when parking or unparking and backing out of driveways etc. I ended up on a hunch it was the Limited Slip Diff grabbing so put a dose of additive in the diff which HAS fixed the issue.

Reactions: Flybynightcru
1 - 4 of 4 Posts