2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I did a ton of research on how I wanted to modify my 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and I decided that the MFC lift was the best quality lift that was offered so I grabbed it. I also wanted bigger tires but did not want to deal with rubbing. I decided the best choice would be the Falken Wildpeaks 245/70/17 since I’ve heard multiple people say there’s no rubbing at all and even one without a lift will have no rubbing. After finally getting this work done and being very excited there is rubbing while primarily driving in reverse :(. Any suggestions? View attachment 216679
Hey Cody, how did you get on with the rubbing issue? Did you get it fixed? I recently did the 2" HS spacer lift on my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk and put 245/70/17 at3w wildpeaks on. I doesn't rub in reverse, but I have noticed it rubs when I am doing a super tight turn, usually just when pulling into certain parking spots. It is not as frequent as your problem but still something I'd like to fix. I haven't been able to check to see where it's rubbing yet. I'll need to take it into a shop to do that I suspect.
It would be great to hear how you got on. Cheers!
Darren

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey Cody, how did you get on with the rubbing issue? Did you get it fixed? I recently did the 2" HS spacer lift on my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk and put 245/70/17 at3w wildpeaks on. I doesn't rub in reverse, but I have noticed it rubs when I am doing a super tight turn, usually just when pulling into certain parking spots. It is not as frequent as your problem but still something I'd like to fix. I haven't been able to check to see where it's rubbing yet. I'll need to take it into a shop to do that I suspect.
Darren
Look at your wheel wells, where it's rubbing should be clear as day, from there you can play around with it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Darren
Hey Daza, they continued to have a minor rub for a few week when making sharp turns, but once the new tire wore down a little bit it wasn’t a problem. The dealership that put this on for me mentioned that this run was so minor that it wouldn’t cause any damage or problems which was my main concern. But this is the absolute maximum I would recommend anyone going for tires unless you are doing the pinch weld mod. I’m glad to hear you did something similar! I think my Jeep looks very unique since doing this and have had countless compliments from people. Do you have a photo of yours? :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Daza, they continued to have a minor rub for a few week when making sharp turns, but once the new tire wore down a little bit it wasn’t a problem. The dealership that put this on for me mentioned that this run was so minor that it wouldn’t cause any damage or problems which was my main concern. But this is the absolute maximum I would recommend anyone going for tires unless you are doing the pinch weld mod. I’m glad to hear you did something similar! I think my Jeep looks very unique since doing this and have had countless compliments from people. Do you have a photo of yours? :)
Thanks Cody, I still need to investigate the rubbing properly and have a closer look, but sounds like it will be pretty minor like yours was. It's good to hear the dealship didn't think there'd be any damage done - that was my concern also!
I'm stoked with mine as well.. looks great! I don't have any offroad shots yet but this is a pic after I got it back from the shop.
Wheel Tire Car Plant Land vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,154 Posts
There is always this... jk. This is what it takes for a 265/70/17 on a 2019+. Wherever it rubs, you can probably just heat up the fender with a heat gun and remold, or maybe trim slightly. Shouldn't take much.

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is always this... jk. This is what it takes for a 265/70/17 on a 2019+. Wherever it rubs, you can probably just heat up the fender with a heat gun and remold, or maybe trim slightly. Shouldn't take much.

View attachment 219747
Thanks Mike, that looks pretty gnarly but I guess it's worth it for bigger tires if that what someone is after. I'm really happy with the 245/70/17's. The heat gun is a great idea and sounds achievable on my own if I can find one. Cheers!

·
Registered
'21 Trailhawk 3.2 v6 Granite Crystal Metallic
5 Posts
Darren
Looks amazing - any side profile/offset shots!? Installing my tires this week and lift within the month.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,009 Posts
Hey Darren. I just ordered the 245/70r17 Wildpeak AT3W, having them installed tomorrow. I'm planning on doing a lift in the next month - which HS Spacer lift did you do exactly? The level kit or the actual 2" kits? I'm torn on 1.5" in the rear or 2". Any RWCK? Do you have any offset/side shots?

Your Jeep looks amazing!
You can't install those until you get a 2" lift on any 2019-2022 Trailhawk. You will have a massive rub in that location of the lower front wheel well. You won't get a chance to trim it out like in the picture, the tire will do it, as soon as you attempt to drive it, possibly ripping the whole fender trim completely off. Hold off on the tires until you get the lift, or stick with 245/65/17's...😎

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks amazing - any side profile/offset shots!? Installing my tires this week and lift within the month.
Thank you! And my apologies for the delay. I am still very happy with it. I got the 2" lift all round. Not for any particular reason other wanting that extra bit of clearence for rocky trails (even though the difference is minor!) I haven't felt any handling problems but the MPG rating has reduced 1-2 MPG on average I think.
I also got the RWCK from HS. Spoke to the guy at HS a few times on the phone and this is the set up he recommended, including the tire size.

I agree with @Flybynightcru - better to get the lift first if possible. There was some minor rubbing at full wheel lock, even after the lift - but I hardly ever notice it now.

Sorry I don't have any offset shots. Need to take more photos of it in action!

Cheers

21 - 30 of 30 Posts