2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed a 42 inch light bar above the windshield this summer. Used hazard sky mounting brackets and a cheap 42 inch curved led light to see how I liked it before making a big investment. The wiring ran from the light down the side of the windshield using thin lamp wire. It was then spliced into a wiring harness that I purchased which ran through the engine bay to the battery. The on/off switch comes through the whole near the brake pedal up next to the steering wheel. I also use painted plexi-glass magnetic strips to cover the light (in NY they aren't "legal" on the roads). If there is interest I will post more pictures of how I installed it.

Enjoy!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks good. Are the photos showing light from both headlights and lightbar or only the lightbar?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed a 42 inch light bar above the windshield this summer. Used hazard sky mounting brackets and a cheap 42 inch curved led light to see how I liked it before making a big investment. The wiring ran from the light down the side of the windshield using thin lamp wire. It was then spliced into a wiring harness that I purchased which ran through the engine bay to the battery. The on/off switch comes through the whole near the brake pedal up next to the steering wheel. I also use painted plexi-glass magnetic strips to cover the light (in NY they aren't "legal" on the roads). If there is interest I will post more pictures of how I installed it.

Enjoy!

Mike
I want to do that to my Jeep Cherokee can you do a detail post or videohow the wiring is done please

·
Registered
4 Posts
At the sake of sounding like a negative Nancy... the roof rack - or right above your windshield is really not an ideal spot for a light bar. If you're ever off road and any bit of dust kicks up, the light can create an environment that's tough to see through. Ever turn on your high beams in fog?

snaptube vidmate word to pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts