2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow KL owners,
Looking for this communities opinions on what roof baskets to get. I already have cross bars so that won't be an issue, but im looking for a basket that can hold my spare tire, and one that I can mount a straight light bar on the front of. If anyone has any info or suggestions please drop them below. Thanks in advance, this community always pulls through with info and suggestions.

· Registered
902 Posts
There are a thousand possibilities. Many like the look and function of the Rola (Amazon...$224?). I had a used Thule (just sold it) and it was fine, but really, three is a lot of discussion on roof racks on this site. It comes down to how much money you want to spend and what you are looking for. As our roof racks have limited load bearing ability, you really can't load it up, but you should be fine with a spare tire, traction boards and perhaps a shovel or cooler.

P.S. I just did a quick "Search community" for "roof racks" and quit looking at the threads after 30 or so. Probably more info than you want, but it will help you see what real users have used with either success or failure.

· Registered
19 Posts
Also, depends what you want to use it for.

I was looking into roof basket vs cargo box, and went with cargo box. I primarily use it for camping (plus the occasional beach trip), and want to ensure that my gear stays dry - saw mixed reviews of the various roof basket bags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.