2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I know, just thinking of extra protection, because they WILL get used n' abused a few times. :)
It’s the bottom that will scrape and anything will scrape off. What I like about the shiny black is it easy to spray paint…little sanding, quick spray, good to go. It takes me longer to mask off than to paint! 😁

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Before, definitely, that way they get 360 coated and you won’t have peeling issues. Mine lasted 6 months with powder coating before the underside was rusting and flaking, from being blasted from grit thrown up under there driving. Look just as good today as about 3 yrs ago
I’ve had mine over two years…seem to look fine regardless of the serious abuse they’ve been through. Opinions might vary…😁

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk
47 Posts
For anyone who has the mopar rails, they are powder coated, If I wanted to paint them...painting over the powder coat, what paint do you think I should use....just want them more black like the rest of the trim. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,888 Posts
For anyone who has the mopar rails, they are powder coated, If I wanted to paint them...painting over the powder coat, what paint do you think I should use....just want them more black like the rest of the trim. Thanks
Have them bead blasted, and spray them with whatever you want. I would probably use some kind of bedliner material, and it is very tough, and durable, and can be mixed into just about any color in the rainbow...😎

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,888 Posts
HaHa, I live out in the middle of the desert....no bead blasting services within 200 miles!
Well, unless you're in the middle of the Sahara, you can't be too far from civilization...LOL!!! I guess there's always sandpaper and a rattle can!!!😎

·
Registered
893 Posts
HaHa, I live out in the middle of the desert....no bead blasting services within 200 miles!
Just park it outside and wait for the dust devils. ;)

A friend of mine lived in AZ years ago, and had half his car sandblasted once by one of those! 😕

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just park it outside and wait for the dust devils. ;)

A friend of mine lived in AZ years ago, and had half his car sandblasted once by one of those! 😕
Let us know how the install goes....

Reactions: fordfiveohh

·
Registered
19 Posts
I always thought those things were flimsy. I didn’t know they were that beefy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohh they're beefy... beefier than the jeep... That's the thing... Go watch a video of fearless trailhawk on youtube that has something like "trail damage" in the description... he snapped the metal off that they are mounted to!!! They broke his jeep actually.. I guess he had to get all that welded back on afterwards... not sure...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't seen the RRO sliders in person but, from pictures, it looks like RRO is more "nerf" style and Mopar gives more "rock slider".

If RRO is any stronger, I don't think it matters. I've dropped the full weight of the vehicle onto a rock with the Mopar sliders and all it did was scrape the paint, with maybe a slight dimple.
It could matter in a side impact crash.. That's one thing... People don't think about that- but all this stuff makes your car safer...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ohh they're beefy... beefier than the jeep... That's the thing... Go watch a video of fearless trailhawk on youtube that has something like "trail damage" in the description... he snapped the metal off that they are mounted to!!! They broke his jeep actually.. I guess he had to get all that welded back on afterwards... not sure...
Some of the rivnuts pulled out along the top, and the pinch weld got bent a little. He was able to remove the slider, straighten the pinch weld, and drilled new holes and installed larger rivnuts along the top. The slider is back on and working fine. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some of the rivnuts pulled out along the top, and the pinch weld got bent a little. He was able to remove the slider, straighten the pinch weld, and drilled new holes and installed larger rivnuts along the top. The slider is back on and working fine. :)
Sweet !

81 - 93 of 93 Posts