2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I don't have the owners manual in front of me, but I think if you are looking at the oil life indicator screen it states to hit "OK" to reset it. I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Thanks Jamie1. I also tried to find the info in the owners manual, but I can't find what page it is on. The index isn't much help. Do you happen to know what page the info is on relating to resetting the oil change indicator? Appreciate that.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks Jamie1. I also tried to find the info in the owners manual, but I can't find what page it is on. The index isn't much help. Do you happen to know what page the info is on relating to resetting the oil change indicator? Appreciate that.
All Chryslers with the Oil Life Monitor system operate the same way. I don't have a page number for you, but I did go onto our Dealerconnect site and looked it up in the Owners manual. If you go to "Understanding your instrument panel> Electronic information centre[EVIC]>Engine oil change indictor system.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Found it on pages 357-358 and you are correct in the procedure. What I had mentioned above only shuts off the message temporarily.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Key on, engine off. Press the gas pedal 3 times to the floor within 10 seconds then key off.
I'm Impressed! :smile::smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peset oil message

i am trying to reset oil service reminder on july14 g/c jeep but I'm having no luck with the ignition on for 30 seconds then press brake pedal 6 times ... Can anyone help please

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oil Change Reset

See details surrounding the oil change reset below:

Oil Change Reset

Oil Change Due
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The “Oil Change Due” message will display in the EVIC for five seconds after a single chime has sounded to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate, dependent upon your personal driving style.

Unless reset, this message will continue to display each time the ignition is cycled to the ON/RUN position. To turn off the message temporarily, push and release the OK button. To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure.

1. Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).

2. Fully push the accelerator pedal, slowly, three times within 10 seconds.

3. Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position.

NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is easier.
Without holding the brake cycle ignition to ON engine should not start. Scroll through EVIC to Oil life indicator. It should read press OK to reset. Press OK and you are done. Another thread covered this shortcut.

Reactions: LeoKnightas

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
By far the easiest way is to turn the key or button to run , scroll to Oil life indicator on the EVIC and press OK , thats it !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks homac ~ I changed oil/filter but had no idea how to reset the oil life monitor.

Easy and simple and works following the steps. Without the procedure, one would have no idea. WTH came up with that complicated procedure needs help! On my Caddy Eldo only had to hold one button for a few seconds......far simpler :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts