2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've gone thru a few sets over the years. the originals lasted the longest. just got my estimate. oh boy, prices seem to have doubled or maybe my memory is bad. sometimes you gotta turn your head & spit, right?

EDIT - they also did the front calipers, that's why it cost so much

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah prices for car parts, audio parts, various electronics — just insane the difference in inflationary prices. I’ve seen on average an increase of 33-50%, and sometimes even higher.

Then it always goggles my mind how a very few number of items literally hasn’t changed in price, not one cent.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
903 Posts
I take it you don't feel comfortable tackling yourself? If not, you could probably find a shop to install if you buy the parts. This would be a nice upgrade. Not sure how much they are quoting you the parts, but you can pick up the powerstop z23 pads and rotors for $350 to $400 depending on if you have single or dual front pistons. Seeing as how you already went 180K on the stock rotors, doubt you would need to go up to the z36.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take it you don't feel comfortable tackling yourself? If not, you could probably find a shop to install if you buy the parts. This would be a nice upgrade. Not sure how much they are quoting you the parts, but you can pick up the powerstop z23 pads and rotors for $350 to $400 depending on if you have single or dual front pistons. Seeing as how you already went 180K on the stock rotors, doubt you would need to go up to the z36.
oh thank you. my post may have been misleading. the OEM's went 70K but then I had to replace rotors & pads a cpl times. a cpl times under warranty from my local shop. today they also did the calipers. on my 4Runners, which I drove on the beach all the time, those calipers were seizing up almost every year. & you are correct, I've only replaced disk brake pads myself. never the rotors or calipers

·
Registered
2021 Trailhawk 3.2L
325 Posts
oh thank you. my post may have been misleading. the OEM's went 70K but then I had to replace rotors & pads a cpl times. a cpl times under warranty from my local shop. today they also did the calipers. on my 4Runners, which I drove on the beach all the time, those calipers were seizing up almost every year. & you are correct, I've only replaced disk brake pads myself. never the rotors or calipers
You're allowed to drive on the beach in CT? I'm surprised they let you do that up there. Brakes are one thing that I will do myself every time. It's gravy for the shop and I've always felt that brake work is overpriced by shops.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I bought EBC rotors and pads and did it myself about 1 year ago. Cost was about $750 in parts, and two weekends of my own labor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts