2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife's 15 KLTH got a check engine light. Fuel injector cyl 3. The next day got a misfire.

I swapped the injector to cyl.1 and last night 5 days later got check engine. This time injector cyl. 1.

What brand are the mopar injectors? The Dealers part counter is not open today. Can I use some off brand from Autozone or something?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Don't know, but, depending on which engine you have you may need to remove the intake manifolds, upper and lower.
Depending on mileage you may want to replace spark plugs, if you are close to 80k they are due.
This is turning into a major operation.
Get it towed to the dealer before more problems are created.
Driving with any kind of a misfire can cause additional problems.
If you plan on keeping a 6 year old vehicle plan on lots of expensive repairs. Been there done that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only swapped the injector not the coils. I anticipated(hoped) the error would move to the cylinder I swapped to. Knowing that if it did I would have to open it up again and I'd do the spark plugs then. We're at 73k. The issue did start when she got gas at a back road station.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite 2.0L, w/factory tow, sunroof, technology group,
52 Posts
Have you tried to clean it first? Maybe you can free it up.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Don't know, but, depending on which engine you have you may need to remove the intake manifolds, upper and lower.
Depending on mileage you may want to replace spark plugs, if you are close to 80k they are due.
This is turning into a major operation.
Get it towed to the dealer before more problems are created.
Driving with any kind of a misfire can cause additional problems.
If you plan on keeping a 6 year old vehicle plan on lots of expensive repairs. Been there done that.
I sure as hell better get more than 6 years out of my Cherokee before expensive repairs. I got 8 years on my last vehicle before I hit the expensive repairs, and I bought it when it was 8 years old (so at 16 years). What are we talking as expensive repairs? I replaced speaker system, wheel hubs, brakes, rotors, mufflers, tires, battery, wipers, coolant tank, throttle body, rear links, and water pump before I hit the expensive stuff (transfer case and rear halfshafts) which caused me to get rid of the car.

Reactions: lefthandedbears

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
380 Posts
Have you tried to clean it first? Maybe you can free it up.
Good point. At 30K miles for example, there is a fuel system cleaning process recommended. I had it done only because I like to potentially avoid problems and not deal with them when they happen (read: it's less expensive).

I also try to use better gasoline whenever possible. There is gas out there that you don't want in your vehicle and it also can't hurt to add some fuel injector cleaner periodically. Replacing injectors, we would all agree is the worst case scenario.

·
Registered
753 Posts
rockauto
looks like 22 to 40 for the 4cyl

and 75$ for the v6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts