2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought my first Jeep in 2015, a Jeep Renegade, and loved it like no other at first, and then the issue started. I was turning and the traction control light started flashing and the engine lost all power in the turn until the TC light stopped flashing on dry, even pavement. Then it started happening all the time when turning, and then when just going forward. I tried to get help from Jeep. Nope, no help and no fix in a whole year. Then I tried to lemon law it and Jeep screwed me on that by placing a Known issue on my vin, and still not fixing the issue in a year. Then I started blowing up their social media pages with the truth, and others complaints over the same issue, nothing changed. I just wanted away from this vehicle before winter came and the issue happened on icy streets. So, I took a major loss on a brand new vehicle with 5,2xx miles and traded it in on a 2017 Cherokee TrailHawk. I've had it a week and I love it so much. I should not have been a beta tester on the Renegade and got the Cherokee the first time around. It would have saved me a lot of stress and money. The silver lining is, i'm here now, a lot poorer than before, but i'm still here.

Hi! LOL

Pleasure to meet you all and look forward to seeing your rides and mods/decals/add-ons.

Attachments

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome, welcome!!

· Registered
635 Posts
Hi all,

I bought my first Jeep in 2015, a Jeep Renegade, and loved it like no other at first, and then the issue started. I was turning and the traction control light started flashing and the engine lost all power in the turn until the TC light stopped flashing on dry, even pavement. Then it started happening all the time when turning, and then when just going forward. I tried to get help from Jeep. Nope, no help and no fix in a whole year. Then I tried to lemon law it and Jeep screwed me on that by placing a Known issue on my vin, and still not fixing the issue in a year. Then I started blowing up their social media pages with the truth, and others complaints over the same issue, nothing changed. I just wanted away from this vehicle before winter came and the issue happened on icy streets. So, I took a major loss on a brand new vehicle with 5,2xx miles and traded it in on a 2017 Cherokee TrailHawk. I've had it a week and I love it so much. I should not have been a beta tester on the Renegade and got the Cherokee the first time around. It would have saved me a lot of stress and money. The silver lining is, i'm here now, a lot poorer than before, but i'm still here.

Hi! LOL

Pleasure to meet you all and look forward to seeing your rides and mods/decals/add-ons.

Looks like ours and if it works like ours you'll keep lovin" it!!:wink: Welcome from Southern MA.:smile:

Go Jeep!!!

· Registered
1,092 Posts
I've got a similar one! (Hopefully it won't look too similar for long.) :grin:

Sorry about the trouble; mines a '16 and it doesn't seem to have the same problems that the 14-15 Cherokees or Renegades did. I think they finally got most of the bugs worked out in late '15.

Hope you enjoy! Keep us posted on your mods and such! And Congratulations!

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome!

· Registered
3,238 Posts
Welcome and enjoy that great new TH. I think white is a great looking color even though I don't have a white one currently. Sorry your Renegade gave you so many problems--I took a test drive in one and decided to get a Patriot instead in 2015 and no problems at with the Patriot which I drive around town mainly. Well, we are retired here so not a lot of driving anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts