2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a 2nd vehicle for MrsRojhan to putt around town. No off-road, but able to handle mild winters/light snow.

Renegade is on the list because we've both driven one as a rental and it's a good size for the leftover room in our garage.

Anything specific to watch out for as trouble spots when going used?

We aren't fixed at getting a Renegade (have had good luck with Subaru and others in the past), but that's where were we are starting.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
7,333 Posts
If you've rented and enjoyed before then you have some insight. When I tried to get my wife in one, two things knocked it off her list....rather bumpy ride on our 'not so good' roads and the lack of a V6. She was coming off a New Beetle Turbo which is quite quick and stomping on the gas to go was on her wish list. Other than that, we both thought it was a pretty well thought out ride.

Maybe a trip over to the Renegade forums would be a start to look for recurring issues, if any and model years to shy away from...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you've rented and enjoyed before then you have some insight. When I tried to get my wife in one, two things knocked it off her list....rather bumpy ride on our 'not so good' roads and the lack of a V6. She was coming off a New Beetle Turbo which is quite quick and stomping on the gas to go was on her wish list. Other than that, we both thought it was a pretty well thought out ride.

Maybe a trip over to the Renegade forums would be a start to look for recurring issues, if any and model years to shy away from...
Yep.. That's on the list, too. However, there are enough dual-Jeep families with Renegade to provide insight here, too. :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
The Subaru Crosstrek is a fun lil' runabout, worth taking a look at. I had one for 3 years before trading it in on my KL.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up with a 2016 Leaf with 9,000 miles. It's not AWD, but it's >90% of commuting and the WK2/TH is there if needed. :p

$2.50 per "tank" in cost of electricity giving about 80-90 miles with a 12 mile commute/day made it a very enticing option.

The gas savings comes really close to paying for the change in insurance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ended up with a 2016 Leaf with 9,000 miles. It's not AWD, but it's >90% of commuting and the WK2/TH is there if needed. :p

$2.50 per "tank" in cost of electricity giving about 80-90 miles with a 12 mile commute/day made it a very enticing option.

The gas savings comes really close to paying for the change in insurance.
Sounds perfect for her. Congrats.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mal said:
Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that.
>:D

"The right tool for the right job." Getting a 2nd petrol burner when the WK2 is there for the heavy lifting just didn't make sen se.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I am considering replacing our second car with an e-golf. (2010 accent)

95% of the use its a 21mile commute.

I looked at a renegade and its 27000 msrp for a fwd model :crying::crying::crying:
The 2019 base 4x4 is around 30k msrp which puts it firmly in the low to mid twenties...

I paid 28500 for my 2019 trailhawk right when the 19's came out...

The numbers just dont work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts