2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a keyfob without the remote start button but I can still remote start my car, my salesman did it in front me and I have done it twice but I get frustrated and keep hitting buttons and do not know which ones I hit that actually work lol. My salesman said lock, unlock, lock and hold for 3 seconds but that does not work. Does anybody know EXACTLY how to do remote start the car without the x2 button

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
So I have a keyfob without the remote start button but I can still remote start my car, my salesman did it in front me and I have done it twice but I get frustrated and keep hitting buttons and do not know which ones I hit that actually work lol. My salesman said lock, unlock, lock and hold for 3 seconds but that does not work. Does anybody know EXACTLY how to do remote start the car without the x2 button
Nope, didn't know that was even a thing. Sounds like you have some generic key fobs, or something. How about calling your salesman, and tell them to get you the PROPER key fobs. That's what I would do...馃槑

Administrator
If in fact you have a KL FOB, I would like to know that trick! Otherwise, yeah, maybe a call to the salesman...

PS, with that member name, you sound like a wicked Mainah!

Reactions: Huebakah

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
It's probably an aftermarket unit. Maybe try ad double tap and long lock, or a tripple tap and hold.

Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, didn't know that was even a thing. Sounds like you have some generic key fobs, or something. How about calling your salesman, and tell them to get you the PROPER key fobs. That's what I would do...馃槑
Light Camera lens Finger Material property Camera accessory

Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's probably an aftermarket unit. Maybe try ad double tap and long lock, or a tripple tap and hold.
I will deff try this! Thank you because I can't find anything on Google so uts deff possible the other owner installed it.

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
It looks like most aftermarket are lock x3. I'd start there first.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
I will deff try this! Thank you because I can't find anything on Google so uts deff possible the other owner installed it.
Definitely something aftermarket, or something going on. Never seen a non start button, smart key Cherokee with remote start, but that's not saying they don't exist. Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm...馃槑

Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav

Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Registered
Thank you alot! It worked, i appreciate everybody's help! It's single digits at 4am every morning I wake up and NEED that remote start lol
I recently had an issue with one fob, the x2 contact came unglued from the rubber pad, was intermittently shorting out the contact causing the Jeep to remote start on its own, heh. I finally fixed this by getting another fob (used, and free) from my dealership, took the rubber pad and installed it in my fob. I really wanted remote start to work, and of course not fire on its own. Glad I did this so that I have 2 working fobs again, with $0 repair cost, but interesting I could've still had remote start with this 'press 3 times lock button' thing.

Curious : was it easy to get this non KL fob programmed ? How much to program it ?

Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I recently had an issue with one fob, the x2 contact came unglued from the rubber pad, was intermittently shorting out the contact causing the Jeep to remote start on its own, heh. I finally fixed this by getting another fob (used, and free) from my dealership, took the rubber pad and installed it in my fob. I really wanted remote start to work, and of course not fire on its own. Glad I did this so that I have 2 working fobs again, with $0 repair cost, but interesting I could've still had remote start with this 'press 3 times lock button' thing.

Curious : was it easy to get this non KL fob programmed ? How much to program it ?
I actually didn't do the programming. I bought it that way, the salesman showed me how to do it or I would of never known that I had the capability. But as others have said it's most likely aftermarket which means the other owner got it installed and programmed. On both of my fobs that I received from the Jeep.

Registered
I actually didn't do the programming. I bought it that way, the salesman showed me how to do it or I would of never known that I had the capability. But as others have said it's most likely aftermarket which means the other owner got it installed and programmed. On both of my fobs that I received from the Jeep.
You didn't show a pic of the front, so guessing it's similar to these :

The used one I got from the dealership wasn't an exact match to mine either, though very-very close, and it had the x2 button. I had to trim a little bit of rubber to get the pad to fit in my fob. The important part is the circuit board, and its compatibility with the Cherokee. Non compatible fobs can't be programmed of course, so it sounds like the previous owner was clever enough to find fobs that could be programmed for your Jeep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts