2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine wanted some additional red highlights on his 2014 Trailhawk.

Bought these for him:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YZH4MBF back in March, at which time, they most certainly were NOT listed as for 2019/2020 KLs

We went to install them today, and, well, they are most certainly NOT the correct fit for the 2014, and when I opened Amazon up to look at the listing, it had been changed to what it shows today.

Does anyone know a source for red ones for a 2014? Not readily finding them on Amazon, and my Google-Fu is weak today.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would take your stock grill surrounds if they are in good shape and paint them. Scotchbrite them, wipe them, adhesion promoter and rattle can whatever color you want.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would take your stock grill surrounds if they are in good shape and paint them. Scotchbrite them, wipe them, adhesion promoter and rattle can whatever color you want.
If you're going to do this, do the "Jeep" badge too. Don't leave it chrome or black while the grille is red or whatever.

Interestingly, the photos showing the product mentioned by the OP appear to have Photoshopped all the "Jeep" badges out of their pictures, perhaps because they don't sell a corresponding color product for those badges. Just pretend they don't exist!

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you're going to do this, do the "Jeep" badge too. Don't leave it chrome or black while the grille is red or whatever.

Interestingly, the photos showing the product mentioned by the OP appear to have Photoshopped all the "Jeep" badges out of their pictures, perhaps because they don't sell a corresponding color product for those badges. Just pretend they don't exist!
I agree with matching the Jeep emblems, however they are hard to remove, clean old adhesive, put new adhesive tape on and reinstall straight. I personally would just shave the hood emblem. But if the OP wants the emblem, I would suggest to buy a new Jeep hood emblem for $20 and paint prior to install.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions - the "stick-on" ones aren't necessarily meant to be permanent - since they're an adhesive thing, they'll allow him to determine if he likes it after having them on for a few weeks.

If we pull the stock ones and paint them, then we have to repaint them if he hates it, rather than just peeling the red ones off.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
909 Posts
The problem I see with the stick on ones is that they seem to add unflattering bulk to the grill...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That may be the case, but it doesn't seem to be unreasonable with the ill-fitting ones we got.

Regardless, not my Jeep, it's my buddy's, and the adhesive covers is what he wants to do, not pull-and-paint.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts