2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help with a rear wheel centering kit. I have the Dobbinson kit for my ad1 limited. Do I get the mfc rear wheel centering kit or should I get the trailhawk rear trailing arms?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I literally stacked a bunch of washers about 1 inch thick and it worked fine.

if you can find a cheap solution then go ahead and do it.

I've had it for over a year with no problems.... maybe 2 years..

I checked it twice to be sure nothing moved or loosened, nothing, still strong!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I literally stacked a bunch of washers about 1 inch thick and it worked fine.

if you can find a cheap solution then go ahead and do it.

I've had it for over a year with no problems.... maybe 2 years..

I checked it twice to be sure nothing moved or loosened, nothing, still strong!
images (5).jpeg

·
Registered
43 Posts
There’s a guy who put it in on YouTube and it didn’t do a thing for him. He had Hazzard sky’s but same thing. Search for KL centering kit and you should find it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you're ridiculing @Speekergeek for his solution, I'd like you to take a look at MFC's "Rear Wheel Centering Kit" and tell me how there is any functional difference between that and a stack of washers.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk
I'm not, I thought it it was brilliant. Does he even need that with the Dobi on AD1? That's like an inch max right?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm not, I thought it it was brilliant. Does he even need that with the Dobi on AD1? That's like an inch max right?
Oh, sorry, I guess the essence of your photo was lost in translation! Yea I wouldn't think Dobinsons alone would make it required. Maybe if he's trying to squeeze 32s on it.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is what we’re talking about. When you do the spacer lift on the rear it shifts your tire forward slightly. To fit the biggest tire you can you may need to get it back to the center of the wheel well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
rear wheel centering kits do little to nothing. I have 30.5 inch tires waiting to be put on because the rear wheel has moved forward so much that it would rub a lot. You have the option to slot the trailing arms which are pretty much the exact same as the ones on ad1. Almost everyone I've talked to warned me against that so I haven't even considered it. My shop is considering modding the trailing arms in some way to push the wheel back. Theres the mfc subframe drop kit which is coming out in a little bit. There is also another one I don't think I'm allowed to talk about that may be coming out next year. So your choices are to hold off on the lift, put the lift on and stay stock tires, or do lift and tires and cut a ton of your pinch weld off which something I'm hesitant to do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I only used the washers because it bothered me how off-center it looked in the back.
Putting in the washers definitely moved it back and satisfied my minor OCD
I would disagree that they do little to nothing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looking for help with a rear wheel centering kit. I have the Dobbinson kit for my ad1 limited. Do I get the mfc rear wheel centering kit or should I get the trailhawk rear trailing arms?
I Install hazard center kit but difference was nothing (no much), so I intall the trailing arm of the trailhawk and is nice now, I put the upper control arm too but later remove because put a lot of camber. I have to make one hole to the trailing arm to fit with ad1 because holes position of the trailhawk are not the same.

68155228AFTrailing Arm
CHEROKEE; 4WD; RIGHT; OFF ROAD SUSPENSION
68155227AFTrailing Arm
CHEROKEE; 4WD; LEFT; OFF ROAD SUSPENSION
10​
5090099ACUpper Control Arm
CHEROKEE; 4WD; OFF ROAD SUSPENSION

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts