2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While airing up my tires after coming off the beach this afternoon I happened to notice the sun shining on the subframe mount. Is that spacer at the top stock? Maybe part of the AD2 package? I was going to take a look at the front upper strut mounts but I forgot.

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Rim

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
While airing up my tires after coming off the beach this afternoon I happened to notice the sun shining on the subframe mount. Is that spacer at the top stock? Maybe part of the AD2 package? I was going to take a look at the front upper strut mounts but I forgot.

View attachment 216677
Yes, it is. Standard equipment for ADII and Trailhawks. Full inch on Trailhawks...馃槑

Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
Yes, it is. Standard equipment for ADII and Trailhawks. Full inch on Trailhawks...馃槑
The spacers are the same on AD2 and TrailHawk , the bigger factory tire on the Trailhawk is what gives the half inch higher height then the AD2. Once you add the 245/65R17 tire to an AD2 you sit the same as a TrailHawk minus the better approach and departure angles that the Trailhawk bumpers give you. 馃槑

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
The spacers are the same on AD2 and TrailHawk , the bigger factory tire on the Trailhawk is what gives the half inch higher height then the AD2. Once you add the 245/65R17 tire to an AD2 you sit the same as a TrailHawk minus the better approach and departure angles that the Trailhawk bumpers give you. 馃槑
Copy that. I was thinking there was about a quarter inch of difference. Never really looked at an ADII equipped non Trailhawk, but I knew they had them...馃憤馃槑

Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
And I鈥檒l be honest I鈥檓 not for sure how they get the higher height in the front , if it鈥檚 the springs, a different control arm , or the strut mounts higher in the different arm too.
we all know the wheelbase is longer in the trailhawk and the AD2 to keep the rear wheel centered just like the lift kits extend it more to keep tire centered.
specs from 2015 Cherokee sales brochure
FWD: 106.26鈥 wheelbase ,ground clearance 5.9鈥
ADI: 106.3鈥 wheelbase, ground clearance 7.9鈥
AD2: 107.0鈥 Wheelbase, ground clearance 8.2鈥
AD Lock: 107.0鈥 wheelbase , ground clearance 8.7鈥
The 0.3 height difference between AD1 and AD2 doesn鈥檛 seem right to me ,cause even before I put the bigger tires on when I compared An AD 1 next to mine it was a noticeable difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts