2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the Dobinson lift kit installed on my 2018 Latitude with the ad1. Tried having it aligned twice and still in the red in the back. I’ve talked to Dobinson about it they had me measure from the center of my rear wheels to the bottom lip of the fender. It’s 29 inches on one side and 29 and a quarter on the other side. Dobinson said it should be no more than 20 3/4 to 21 inches. When I ordered my kit I ordered the standard rear and front springs. What can cause this to happen? The dealership said the rear springs look to be installed right at the top and bottom. The people at Dobinson said to give it a week to see if it settles or put some weight in the back to see if it helps settle the springs. If that doesn’t work they will send me another set. I hope theses weren’t miss marked during manufacturing. What should I do? I need a better alignment!

·
Registered
54 Posts
What model spring set did you get? C29-151? Can you share pictures of your jeep or alignment

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok, something is wrong , my center wheel to bottom of fender is 21". No way your measuring 29"

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
54 Posts
Said 29 twice, lol. I only know this cause I'm adding the dobinsons myself, finally parts are available again, be here Tuesday

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
54 Posts
8" lift🤤🤤

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will re measure tomorrow. I know my measurements in the rear from the bottom of the fender to the ground is 36 inches! I will try and take some pictures.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So here is the alignment from the tire shop . I don’t know why they can’t get the back any better

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here’s the alignment from the dealership! Not too much better. I don’t know what else to do 😡 I’ve got the trailhawk trailing arms had them slotted to fit the knuckles also added the mfc rear wheel centering kit. The tire shop had to use 5/16 wheel spacers so that the 265/60/18 Falken wildpeak atw3 would not rub. I have the Dobinson suspension lift. The rear is sitting about an inch to an inch and a half higher than it should. I’ve put 5-6 hundred miles on it since the lift was installed. It’s been lifted for 2 weeks now I put 120 pounds in the back to try to get it to settle some more but not sure if that will help! I don’t want to ruin these tires. Can anyone help me with this? I don’t know if there’s other parts I need or what?

·
Registered
54 Posts
C29-151 is the rear spring number

1 - 20 of 22 Posts