2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He Who Shall Not Be Named is saying RCV has outer CVs for the KL now. Replaces outer CV and boot and inner boot. ~500/kit. I'm not sure if a kit means per axel or for all four.

·
Registered
125 Posts
He Who Shall Not Be Named is saying RCV has outer CVs for the KL now. Replaces outer CV and boot and inner boot. ~500/kit. I'm not sure if a kit means per axel or for all four.
From reading the posts on facebook, a kit is a corner. So $500 per corner.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
You will be spending $2000 for the kit. As of right now i'm disappointed not only in price but the fact there isn't more than 1 picture of it.

You would think if people were going to spend huge amounts of money there would be pictures of the testing and the installation of the product. I could be wrong though I can't see this being a good investment. Its really only needed if you want to combine either the Hazard Sky Lift or MFC Lift with the Dobinson lift, otherwise I can't see too much of a point to it.

MFC Kit = $500
Dobinson Lift = ~700
RCV Axles = $2000

$3200 Roughly that's a lot of coin for what could be a marginal increase of offroad durability of the axles.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
WTF? Everything is $500/ea with that guy.

The "kit" is a new inner boot, new outer boot, and new outer spline.

High quality off-road boots are about $50/ea x8 = $400. I would hazard a guess that the outer spline should be about $250/ea making the whole retrofit about $1400. How do you feel about someone getting 43% profit?

HOWEVER, I would argue that you do NOT need new metal, you need new rubber. After my 100K full warranty runs out, I'll be replacing my own boots, ~$100/axle.

Now, if the "kit" was a Fox strut and RCV full up axle (that was plug and play), then I'd think about paying $500/kit.

FYI, new MOPAR axles are $250/ea

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
i'm disappointed not only in price but the fact there isn't more than 1 picture of it.
Said photo looks suspiciously similar to the 2013 media photos of the Dakar vehicle.

One difference, compare the angle of the LCA. It's flat in the Dakar photos (attached) and hugely negative in said photo. That's a lot of stress on the lower ball joint and rear LCA bushing.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can get an entire set of upgraded axles for my Subaru STi for $2000. That's four complete axle assemblies not just boots, and for anyone that has experience modifying Subarus that aren't known for being the cheapest car to modify. I can't see paying $2,000 for upgraded boots.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Now that you mention it, the picture he supplied looks like the ground is rock much like MOAB, probably the same picture and nothing new.

Same Mud Terrain T/A tires too... <smh>

·
Banned
71 Posts
To be fair to MFC he has been the person supplying RCV with the market research and all the rest axles. If you follow his posts, you will see that he clearly states that the picture of the Dakar is showing you the angles the axles are capable of since it's utilizing the same design, and the other picture is of what the actual outer boots will look like.

As for pricing, that is most likely up to the manufacturer and not him. Looks like RCV has the price set there.

What is everybody's beef with a guy that is entertaining platform progress with profits?

·
Banned
71 Posts
I can get an entire set of upgraded axles for my Subaru STi for $2000. That's four complete axle assemblies not just boots, and for anyone that has experience modifying Subarus that aren't known for being the cheapest car to modify. I can't see paying $2,000 for upgraded boots.

This is not just boots, it is complete CV retrofits with upgraded boots

·
Registered
544 Posts
He doesn't have pictures of it yet, he's showing the Dakar inner as an example. He just got the info from RCV so pictures will be incoming. If you look at the other similar products / kits that RCV sells, the 500 isn't out of line.

Remember RCV is developing and load testing these, not MFC. He is the distributor. I get you guys don't like him but fingers pointed at the wrong guy here.

I'll will be getting these. As as the A arm angle from the Dakar, yeah that's some of the extra engineering that Jeep put into that concept which is probably where a lot of the money and dev time went.

·
Banned
71 Posts
WTF? Everything is $500/ea with that guy.

The "kit" is a new inner boot, new outer boot, and new outer spline.

High quality off-road boots are about $50/ea x8 = $400. I would hazard a guess that the outer spline should be about $250/ea making the whole retrofit about $1400. How do you feel about someone getting 43% profit?

HOWEVER, I would argue that you do NOT need new metal, you need new rubber. After my 100K full warranty runs out, I'll be replacing my own boots, ~$100/axle.

Now, if the "kit" was a Fox strut and RCV full up axle (that was plug and play), then I'd think about paying $500/kit.

FYI, new MOPAR axles are $250/ea
I just checked pricing online from online dealers. Front axles are 450 a pop from the cheapest online retailer, rears are between 200-250 each.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I just checked pricing online from online dealers. Front axles are 450 a pop from the cheapest online retailer, rears are between 200-250 each.
OMG! I just checked my favorite parts dealer ($408.10) and you're right, the price has spiked up. They used to go for $254 with $50 core charge, PN 52123739AF. Supply and demand. Even more glad I've got that extended warranty now.

·
Registered
544 Posts
OMG! I just checked my favorite parts dealer ($408.10) and you're right, the price has spiked up. They used to go for $254 with $50 core charge, PN 52123739AF. Supply and demand. Even more glad I've got that extended warranty now.

Dang!!! Well that pretty much seals it then with the stronger outer end and boots this should last for a good long time.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts

"Project is produced" Did he mean product is produced?

"Takes 1 10- 15 minutes per corner"

For something that isn't even done yet but he somehow knows the install time?

Not hating personally but the style of the post suggests its ready to go when in fact it is not. Where are the pictures since there has apparently been "testing"

Would have been nice to see these in action on a test bench to see whats going on.

Oh well i'll just blindly believe everything is just fine and plop down over $3000 Canadian right?

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
To be fair to MFC he has been the person supplying RCV with the market research and all the rest axles. If you follow his posts, you will see that he clearly states that the picture of the Dakar is showing you the angles the axles are capable of since it's utilizing the same design, and the other picture is of what the actual outer boots will look like.

As for pricing, that is most likely up to the manufacturer and not him. Looks like RCV has the price set there.

What is everybody's beef with a guy that is entertaining platform progress with profits?
A "patent" that is claimed but non existent

Poor customer service

You can buy the same style lift for nearly a 1/4 of his

False claims made about the "other" lift damaging vehicles

I'm all for people making money but do it in a respectable way and not taking advantage of people or spreading BS among the community

·
Banned
71 Posts

A "patent" that is claimed but non existent

Poor customer service

You can buy the same style lift for nearly a 1/4 of his

False claims made about the "other" lift damaging vehicles

I'm all for people making money but do it in a respectable way and not taking advantage of people or spreading BS among the community
That's hard to argue with if some of that was true. He has detailed info on his website with pictures showing the damage from the other lift. How do you know that there is no patent? You think it's possible he just won't give that information up to the people who bash him?

But let's fall down this rabbit hole...:) the false claims were never made from him, rather relayed information from the people on a social media page with video proof of those claims. The spinning of the rear spacers from the other lift that was creating noise, which in fact was addressed by that company who now makes an add on to keep the rear spacers from spinning by including set screws that utilize his concept and design.

I really want to see this thread go way off topic like expected. What I normally see on here is every MFC related topic goes way astray, thread gets locked and then deleted because a group of people will do anything to slander his name to give ill will to anyone on here who sees info about him. Last I heard from his outlets of social media proof, Jeep dealerships in this country and Canada sell Jeeps off their lots preconfigured with his lifts and lighting mounts. If that doesn't show you brand recognition and hard work, well I guess no matter what sour grapes will always be had.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts