2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WIPED my radio screen off today it hasn’t been working right ever since! It’s acting as if the screen is being touched when it’s not. What can I do to fix it?

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you used any cleaner you may have damaged the screen. If you sprayed a cleaner on it the cleaner may have gotten between the screen and the plastic dash trim. A damp (water) microfiber cloth works best. If you can remove the plastic dash trim you can try using a damp cloth and go over your screen (while off) and see what happens. Can’t hurt it more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
Paper or cloth? Wet or dry? If wet, with what? How many times have you restarted the Jeep to check if the problem persists? Haven’t heard Of this before so details matter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No just a dry napkin once I stopped and turned it off for awhile I no longer had the problem but I just don’t understand why it set it off like that now I’m scared to clean it in the future! What’s the best way to clean it when I do?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I personally carry a microfiber towel so it can be wiped off with a little moisture or dry. Just try not to press too hard when cleaning and you should be in the clear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use the interior detailer wipes that come in the plastic jug dispenser. They say that they are screen safe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I carry a microfiber in the sunglasses cubby up top for dust on the screen and for cleaning sunglasses lol. Occasionally clean the screen while off with interior cleaner without issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts