2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Jeep Cherokee. UConnect dropped call on phone and now radio won鈥檛 shut off because it says I am still on a call.... 馃ズ. Now radio will not shut off. I have factory reset, UConnect canceled etc... nothing. Should turn off when I open door... just isn鈥檛. What can I do now?

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee. UConnect dropped call on phone and now radio won鈥檛 shut off because it says I am still on a call.... 馃ズ. Now radio will not shut off. I have factory reset, UConnect canceled etc... nothing. Should turn off when I open door... just isn鈥檛. What can I do now?
It will when you finish the call, or disconnect the phone from bluetooth either manually in the phone settings, or get the phone away from the car.

Registered
Do not disconnect the battery, you will end up with more problems than the radio not shutting off. You'll have multiple errors codes that may, or may not go away on their own.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

Registered
If that happened to me I would power my phone down all the way, lock the jeep and wait 5 minutes to make sure the Uconnect screen goes dark. If your phone is close and bluetooth is enabled it might be causing the problem.

Registered
Remove the battery from the phone, if possible.

Registered
I had this happen on my 19 Limited. I had a robo call, and hit the end call button on the steering wheel the radio acted like it was still making a call. I had to turn off the bluetooth on my phone, and waited a short while then turned the bluetooth on and it reconnected to the radio and all was well.

Registered
I have also had this happen on my 2019. Pretty sure it is a software bug. Most of the problems I have encountered with the uconnect have been related to bluetooth connectivity on my phone.

Registered
Personally, my Uconnect issues are few and far between, but anytime I've had strange issues like this, a reboot has always helped.

I know that this isn't the layout in the KL, but the systems are the same. Hold down the center buttons on these until your screen goes blank, then let them go. It will restart the Uconnect system.

Reactions: rslh

Registered
Personally, my Uconnect issues are few and far between, but anytime I've had strange issues like this, a reboot has always helped.

I know that this isn't the layout in the KL, but the systems are the same. Hold down the center buttons on these until your screen goes blank, then let them go. It will restart the Uconnect system.

View attachment 212037
That won鈥檛 Work on 2019 and newer. Pull fuse F80, wait 30 seconds replace fuse. The system will reboot, it can take a few minutes, but this is the only way to reboot a stuck unit on 2019 +.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

Registered
That won鈥檛 Work on 2019 and newer. Pull fuse F80, wait 30 seconds replace fuse. The system will reboot, it can take a few minutes, but this is the only way to reboot a stuck unit on 2019 +.
Ahh, I didn't catch that it was a 2019.

So press and hold your finger in the uppermost righthand corner of the screen and hold it for 10-15 seconds until the system reboots. Easiest method for a soft reset in the 2019+

1 - 13 of 13 Posts