2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hie everyone,I’m looking for some help,I’m trying to upgrade my radio but all I’ve been seeing has the radio upgrades with knobs on the bottom,mine looks like this,if anyone can help me out
Vehicle Plant Car Satellite radio Radio

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,784 Posts
A bit vague, are you trying to replace it with a higher spec factory radio, or go aftermarket?
Also what year is your Jeep?

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,479 Posts
Basically,I’m trying to install a bigger screen,but it’s kinda difficult with the 2 knobs there,it’s a 2015
It's definitely doable, but you're going to need the 8,4 head unit, the bezel, and all trim pieces, among other things. Definitely not going to be an inexpensive endeavor...😎

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,784 Posts
Ok, easiest would be a better head unit out of another 2015 Cherokee (without the 9 speaker Alpine system), as well as the bezel and a different HVAC control panel (like in the pic below).
Best to try and get all the bits out of one vehicle.
You might try keeping an eye out on eBay (I like the LKQ vendor, pretty reliable) or your local auto dismantler, they do pop up, and non-nav versions are cheaper, and more likely compatible with your spec.
I think your year might require a radio code as well. Like @Flybynightcru said, it still won't be really cheap, unless you luck out locally, but possibly a lot cheaper than aftermarket.
Font Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Gadget

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, easiest would be a better head unit out of another 2015 Cherokee (without the 9 speaker Alpine system), as well as the bezel and a different HVAC control panel (like in the pic below).
Best to try and get all the bits out of one vehicle.
You might try keeping an eye out on eBay (I like the LKQ vendor, pretty reliable) or your local auto dismantler, they do pop up, and non-nav versions are cheaper, and more likely compatible with your spec.
I think your year might require a radio code as well. Like @Flybynightcru said, it still won't be really cheap, unless you luck out locally, but possibly a lot cheaper than aftermarket.
View attachment 217327
Ok thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts