2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
NAVIGATION
- turning off car cancels NAV route. then after re-starting the car, you have to re-enter the destination. kind of inconvenient when you are on your way some place & have to stop for gas

·
Banned
45 Posts
My first tip would be to definitely ensure your phone is compatible. I originally got the Pioneer W4400 thinking it would work (they say it works with any Oreo phone), but after trying it out and failing, I researched and read that it only works for Google phones. It's even buggy with the latest flagship phone from every other vendor.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My first tip would be to definitely ensure your phone is compatible. I originally got the Pioneer W4400 thinking it would work (they say it works with any Oreo phone), but after trying it out and failing, I researched and read that it only works for Google phones. It's even buggy with the latest flagship phone from every other vendor.
oh interesting. I've recently read about newer iPhones not working as expected with the newer Jeep radios. so far my iPhone (5s) works w/ the Wireless Apple CarPlay very well

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My first tip would be to definitely ensure your phone is compatible. I originally got the Pioneer W4400 thinking it would work (they say it works with any Oreo phone), but after trying it out and failing, I researched and read that it only works for Google phones. It's even buggy with the latest flagship phone from every other Kodi vendor.
BTW - there aren't too many ppl on the forum writing about their radio swap. you might consider posting a separate thread about your unit & experiences with it. it would be helpful, I think. BTW did you replace the Pioneer W4400?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts