2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2014 Cherokee Latitude V6. I purchased new and after a dozen recalls, new brakes & tires @ 26K miles, rear end replacement @ 32K miles, new brakes and tires again @ 60K miles I'm now frustrated that @ 62600 miles I need a new exhaust system AND a radio.

The infotainment system has been blank three times now on start up. After about a minute or two it does come on and I have access to radio, blue tooth, etc.

I contacted my dealer for a scan and check of the system for an update, also shared the picture attached. The dealer tried to update the info center but was not successful and informed me that I need a new radio @ $800.

Anybody else have this issue and what was your experience and/or fix?

I've owned Jeep Cherokee's my entire life but thinking this is the last one - so frustrating!

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,289 Posts
It's not the 60000+ it's 8 years, how many folks keep a $600.00 phone for 8 years?
That what the infotainment system is, a cell phone or computer.
We are way past the old am/fm radios that work for decades. (unfortunately).
Hope you get it fixed!

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,289 Posts
You might try taking the radio apart and make sure the screen wiring hasn't come loose, or getting a radio from a wrecking yard and try swapping the screens...
It is usually that panel that goes bad on this type of radio (esp if it starts working again)

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
790 Posts
Check out YouTube for instructions on the screen removal - it's really easy and AltCade is right - it potentially could be something simple. Worth a try, man.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
In the picture the screen isn't blank. Then you have the fact it starts working again,
I think it's the radio/computer on the way out... 0.02

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
trade it

ok seriously
  • my 2014 w/ 160+k miles exhaust doesn't need replacing. I think we replaced 1 flex hose up front
  • that radio screen looks all too familiar. good luck. after lots of back & forth with the dealer & FCA I tossed mine & installed aftermarket. loved it while it was working, but very happy it's gone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts