2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All, I am having the same problem with my Grand Cherokee. I brought it to my local Jeep dealer. They told me that I needed to replace my radio unit for $1200. I am totally disappointed with this vehicle. The problem seemed to go away now that its colder out. I believe it may be heat related. My vehicle GPS cannot find me so the car just floats around the screen. My vehicle has 73000 miles on it. The leather dash haas come unglued and the radio is no good and Jeep will not fix these issues because the warranty has expired. I have two major expense I will need to fix so I can resell the vehicle before something else fails. I was also told by me Jeep dealer that if I trade my vehicle in for a newer model the vehicles value is lower because jeeps faulty dash installation that they had problems with going back to 2011. The funny thing is the vehicle has its original brakes but the dash and the radio are junk! Does anyone have a fix for the radio shutting off and rebooting?

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,480 Posts
Hello All, I am having the same problem with my Grand Cherokee. I brought it to my local Jeep dealer. They told me that I needed to replace my radio unit for $1200. I am totally disappointed with this vehicle. The problem seemed to go away now that its colder out. I believe it may be heat related. My vehicle GPS cannot find me so the car just floats around the screen. My vehicle has 73000 miles on it. The leather dash haas come unglued and the radio is no good and Jeep will not fix these issues because the warranty has expired. I have two major expense I will need to fix so I can resell the vehicle before something else fails. I was also told by me Jeep dealer that if I trade my vehicle in for a newer model the vehicles value is lower because jeeps faulty dash installation that they had problems with going back to 2011. The funny thing is the vehicle has its original brakes but the dash and the radio are junk! Does anyone have a fix for the radio shutting off and rebooting?
Hi. For your navigation concern it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on
Software Update for Uconnect®. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
This same thing is happening to me... all i am told is i have to replace the entire radio/phone/climate control screen/computer.. I am astonished that dealership or even Chrysler Canada head office says they can't do anything. To me it seems it must be an update issue, or software challenge. All dealership did was do a hard reset, and left me with speedometer dash display that no longer shows correct time! This is the same Jeep that had to have TWO transmission replacements within 6 months of driving it out of the dealership.. clearly this make/model/year have BIG issues.. but it has put me off buying Chrysler all together! I will attempt to do this manual software update for UConnect, and then it needs to go in for a 6 hour stint for a recall on the transaxle range sensor wire harness.

Any other advice is welcome , and I'm thankful to watch this thread :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. For your navigation concern it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on
Software Update for Uconnect®. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
JeepCares
I to am having the same problem with my screen. I tried to update it. It wouldn't read my thumb drive. I called the customer care and they tried walking me through everything and it still wouldn't accept the update? So does this mean I need to buy and new radio/screen. I'm very disappointed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello, my mom has a 2014 jeep cherokee latitude that seems to be having the same issue that everyone else has described. radio cuts in and out. when started up can be off anywhere from 10-20 minutes after start up. other times works fine then shuts off etc... the last time we ran into this problem the engine shut off and we took it to the dealership they said it needed a new motor that it was blown. any possibility of having this looked into?

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,480 Posts
hello, my mom has a 2014 jeep cherokee latitude that seems to be having the same issue that everyone else has described. radio cuts in and out. when started up can be off anywhere from 10-20 minutes after start up. other times works fine then shuts off etc... the last time we ran into this problem the engine shut off and we took it to the dealership they said it needed a new motor that it was blown. any possibility of having this looked into?
Hi amhale,
We understand this must be frustrating. We'd suggest having your radio concerns diagnosed by your local dealer, as they are in the best position to assist.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

41 - 47 of 47 Posts