2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my Trailhawk back in April of last year. I was living in Florida and had plans of moving to Colorado in August, so I needed something that had all the cold weather treats and equipment. I had at the time a sweet fully loaded 2020 Lexus Es350 but knew it wouldn't cut it to do the drive hauling a U-HAUL (4500lbs cap) as well as 4wd for what I had planned once I got there.

Fast forward 5 months after moving to Colorado and this little Trailhawk has met and exceeded my expectations. The remote start is a godsend. I get in my car steering wheel and seats are heated, front windshield deicer is awesome and I love popping this thing in snow mode after a nice snow fall.

To make a long story short I LOVE MY TRAILHAWK ELITE. It does everything I need and more. I love the color combo and the leather seats are super comfy. Ive never had a car that I could drive this long and not get some kind of back pain.

Only two minor gripes I have is the MPG and storage space in the back. If those two were a little bit better this thing would be a 10/10.

That is all thanks for attending my TED talks.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Thanks for posting! It's nice to hear the positive side of things once in a while.

I'm pretty much in the same camp. Really like the TH/E ("love" is a reserved word for me - I use it sparingly). Checked all of my boxes and then some!

· Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,384 Posts
If you take out the spare, you can fit a lot more back there. lol Now I just carry plugs and a compressor. If I'm going farther offroad, then I'll just bring the spare with me in the roof rack.

Reactions: JWorld19TH-E

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you take out the spare, you can fit a lot more back there. lol Now I just carry plugs and a compressor. If I'm going farther offroad, then I'll just bring the spare with me in the roof rack.
Thanks for that. My space concern is horizontal when putting in gear to go to the mountains. I got all the little crevices filled in the spare tires area.

BTW do you have an album on ur rig or like a IG page? Your TH is super sick!

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks for that. My space concern is horizontal when putting in gear to go to the mountains. I got all the little crevices filled in the spare tires area.

BTW do you have an album on ur rig or like a IG page? Your TH is super sick!
Thanks. I don't, though I probably should. I have been contemplating on doing a walk around going over everything I've added over the last 2 years, but I use it almost every weekend, and am typically out in the forest when I have time. I get it with the space though, especially when I have the kids with me. Usually the traction boards will come off so I can use the roof rack better, and then seats get folded if the kids aren't with me. I am looking into getting a hitch rack as well for when I don't want to pack so tight. Early on most of my videos were posted to our local offroad groups, but I have started throwing them up on YouTube as they upload way faster. Most if its just dash camera footage, and with some footage from others at times. Its just my name. Michael Reithmiller. I also carry a ridiculous amount of recovery gear with me as I generally help a lot with both solo recoveries and during group rides. I really should pair it down some, but I've had to use all of it at least once.

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,739 Posts
Thanks. I don't, though I probably should. I have been contemplating on doing a walk around going over everything I've added over the last 2 years, but I use it almost every weekend, and am typically out in the forest when I have time. I get it with the space though, especially when I have the kids with me. Usually the traction boards will come off so I can use the roof rack better, and then seats get folded if the kids aren't with me. I am looking into getting a hitch rack as well for when I don't want to pack so tight. Early on most of my videos were posted to our local offroad groups, but I have started throwing them up on YouTube as they upload way faster. Most if its just dash camera footage, and with some footage from others at times. Its just my name. Michael Reithmiller. I also carry a ridiculous amount of recovery gear with me as I generally help a lot with both solo recoveries and during group rides. I really should pair it down some, but I've had to use all of it at least once.
You need to take a trip out west, and visit us Mike!!! Surely a tour of Moab is on your bucket list...😉😎

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Reactions: Flybynightcru

· Registered
959 Posts
@MikeR. Did you have to do any trimming or grinding to fit those tires? I'd like to go slightly bigger than stock, but not so much to require trimming.
I have to say, though, I've been VERY impressed with the stock Destination A/T's. I've had it through mud, snow, rain and all, and they've never given me a problem. I rotate them every 8-10k miles and with 50k miles on them they still have 9/32's left- not down to the wear bars yet! I do have another matching wheel and do a 5-tire rotation most of the time, too.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Oh yes. Lots of trimming and cutting. Removed the pinch weld front and back. And then also did a good bit of trimming to the front of the fender flares, as well as the lower portion of the back side of the front bumper. Also used a zip tie to help hold back the liner after remolding. It just barely rubs now at full lock. I'm sure I could get it all the way out of the way, but its not enough to worry with. The destinations were fine, but the ridge grapplers are night and day better. The large and wider size helps as well. I ran just the lift for like 6 months, so I got a good comparison between just the tire difference. I also run a lot of water, sand, and mud, so I'm sure its different in other areas.

· Registered
2014 TH 3.2, 2" lift, 1" spacers, Steelies
261 Posts
So I bought my Trailhawk back in April of last year. I was living in Florida and had plans of moving to Colorado in August, so I needed something that had all the cold weather treats and equipment. I had at the time a sweet fully loaded 2020 Lexus Es350 but knew it wouldn't cut it to do the drive hauling a U-HAUL (4500lbs cap) as well as 4wd for what I had planned once I got there.

Fast forward 5 months after moving to Colorado and this little Trailhawk has met and exceeded my expectations. The remote start is a godsend. I get in my car steering wheel and seats are heated, front windshield deicer is awesome and I love popping this thing in snow mode after a nice snow fall.

To make a long story short I LOVE MY TRAILHAWK ELITE. It does everything I need and more. I love the color combo and the leather seats are super comfy. Ive never had a car that I could drive this long and not get some kind of back pain.

Only two minor gripes I have is the MPG and storage space in the back. If those two were a little bit better this thing would be a 10/10.

I'll add one more item to this list (for me), I 💖my 2014 TH but wish they had given the gas tank just a little more capacity. On long drives (along with the MPG mentioned), I find I need to stop more times than I'd like to fill-up. Minor but worth mentioning.

· Registered
2014 TH 3.2, 2" lift, 1" spacers, Steelies
261 Posts

Also, I agree with the storage space.... would have been nice to have more width (I carry a lot from HD/Lowes) but one thing I think they did real well is making the rear right and front pass. seats fold-flat. You can carry 12 foot long lumber/studs comfortably (hatch open of course). (y)

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Also, I agree with the storage space.... would have been nice to have more width (I carry a lot from HD/Lowes) but one thing I think they did real well is making the rear right and front pass. seats fold-flat. You can carry 12 foot long lumber/studs comfortably (hatch open of course). (y)
12 foot long lumber would be 3+ feet off the back. Certainly doable. Secure well or that hard stop might damage your dash or tender underparts thereof! (don't ask how I know).

· Registered
8,739 Posts
That's why you need a good set of Thule crossbars on the roof. At least you can easily put the sheets of plywood up there on your HD/Lowes lumber runs...😳😉😎

· Registered
902 Posts
Just realized reading this thread that I cross 7 years with my 2016 in August. I will be hitting Moab on MARCH 24....if anyone is interested. My kids just bought a JLU Rubicon 4xe and want to try slick rock.

· Registered
8,739 Posts
Just realized reading this thread that I cross 7 years with my 2016 in August. I will be hitting Moab on MARCH 24....if anyone is interested. My kids just bought a JLU Rubicon 4xe and want to try slick rock.
I'll be checking my schedule Jeff!!!😉😎

· Registered
398 Posts
September 30th will mark 8 years with my favorite Jeep (so far).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts