2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
We own BOTH a '14 and '15 Cherokee. Had to replace the PTU on my '15 and the dealer replaced the tranny on the '14 under warranty. This is a great car if you can afford to keep the drive chain running well. Dealer had to replace rocker arms on my '15 as well. Otherwise the cars are great... nowadays with the prices of new and used cars, we've got to keep fixing them—even if out of warranty.

· Registered
2014 TH 3.2, 2" lift, 1" spacers, Steelies
309 Posts
We own BOTH a '14 and '15 Cherokee. Had to replace the PTU on my '15 and the dealer replaced the tranny on the '14 under warranty. This is a great car if you can afford to keep the drive chain running well. Dealer had to replace rocker arms on my '15 as well. Otherwise the cars are great... nowadays with the prices of new and used cars, we've got to keep fixing them—even if out of warranty.
Never let a car know when you've got money in the bank...:cool:

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,824 Posts
Should I be worried that the transfert case (PTU) was charged at the dealership for 1500$ over what any Mopar Canadian distributor has it for?
Not if it's a warranty job, but if you're paying for the repair, then yes, I would be pretty concerned. Not a whole hell of a lot you can do about though. Consider yourself lucky that you even got a PTU, as there's quite a few people that have been waiting for backordered PTU's for quite a while here in the US...😎

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Not if it's a warranty job, but if you're paying for the repair, then yes, I would be pretty concerned. Not a whole hell of a lot you can do about though. Consider yourself lucky that you even got a PTU, as there's quite a few people that have been waiting for backordered PTU's for quite a while here in the US...😎
Hello, no not a job covered under warranty unfortunately... still backordered for one month as its stands. Bit frustrated to overpay that lot for it. Thanks for confirming my doubts.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts