2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else run into problems with Rocky road outfitters? I ordered a set of sliders on May 19th and they only sent one. It took quite a bit of back and forth to explain to them what they did and didn't send me. I almost got the feeling they thought I was being dishonest. They are not responding to my emails now. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this with them? I kinda want the other slider but now I'm thinking I need to dispute this charge with my CC. Worst case I will take them to small claims here in California.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does a pair usually ship in a single box? If so the weight should be a easy way to determine on their end. I have a set on order but will be another 4 weeks or so before they ship.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does a pair usually ship in a single box? If so the weight should be a easy way to determine on their end. I have a set on order but will be another 4 weeks or so before they ship.
Yes they said they ship in a single box. But I didn't get a box. I got one wrapped up slider, I guess the box was destroyed. The Fedex shipment shows it as 2 shipments with only one shipment delivered.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you take any pics of how it arrived? Rocky Roads is responsible to file the claim. If it shows 2 shipments does tracking show anything about the other one?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you take any pics of how it arrived? Rocky Roads is responsible to file the claim. If it shows 2 shipments does tracking show anything about the other one?
Yes I actually took picks exactly how it arrived before I unwrapped it. Tracking just shows the other one on Fedex vehicle awaiting delivery. It doesn't show an exemption. They said they filed a claim. It seemed like they were helping me, but then they just went silent.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a decent experience but not great. Both my sliders showed up but they were only wrapped and not in a box. Since they were only wrapped in plastic they had cut through a bit and arrived scraped up. Minor inconvenience to have to take some black spray paint to them but you'd think they'd try a bit harder considering the amount you're paying. Good luck getting the second one to show up!

·
Registered
23 Posts
They could have made a replacement by now if they wanted to. Certainly doubt the other will show up at this point. Show credit card company the paperwork and do a charge back.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I had a decent experience but not great. Both my sliders showed up but they were only wrapped and not in a box. Since they were only wrapped in plastic they had cut through a bit and arrived scraped up. Minor inconvenience to have to take some black spray paint to them but you'd think they'd try a bit harder considering the amount you're paying. Good luck getting the second one to show up!
Mine was similar. They were shipped wrapped and arrived with some scratches on them and some of the powder coat already peeling off. I would have been upset about that but I planned on getting them re-coated anyways.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got a reply. They are saying 3-4 more weeks. At least they are responding so I'm satisfied.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I finally got a reply. They are saying 3-4 more weeks. At least they are responding so I'm satisfied.
That's such bull$#!%, you ordered FOUR MONTHS AGO, and now they're telling you another month? That's ridiculous. I mean I get Covid... but they should be putting you at the top of their order list and fab up the replacement TOMORROW. I really hate Rocky Road, for reasons exactly like this. Absolute dog$#!% customer service!

They make a nice, sturdy, quality finished product though. And it's usually a huge PITA to get it to fit right! But top notch after you win the fight with it, which is why I haven't severed the relationship, and they are among very few companies even making KL accessories. (And one of the other main ones is even worse in some ways!) But man do they tick me off

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts