2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
2021 Trailhawk Elite 3.2
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 19' cherokee for a 21' trailhawk and theres no 12v in the center console so im using a usb port for my dashcam. In the other cherokee the dashcam never stopped recording but in this one it does. Is there a way to alter the usbs to stay on after the engine is shut off so it doesn't interrupt the dashcam? The 12v near the shifter has the same outcome as the usbs.

Registered
Just traded my 19' cherokee for a 21' trailhawk and theres no 12v in the center console so im using a usb port for my dashcam. In the other cherokee the dashcam never stopped recording but in this one it does. Is there a way to alter the usbs to stay on after the engine is shut off so it doesn't interrupt the dashcam? The 12v near the shifter has the same outcome as the usbs.
Interesting. So there's no USB in the console anymore either then huh??? Add that to the list of goodbyes!!! WTH??? So I guess plugging your phone in is out of the question too??? I'm feeling better, and better about my Classic 2019. Let's see where we're at, 2.0T NLA, heated and cooling ventilated leather seats NLA, memory seats and mirrors NLA, power passenger seat NLA, and now, full time power USB NLA. I guess 2022's, jack stands will be standard, tires and wheels are optional equipment, standard paint will be grey primer, and a milk crate for a seat in all Trailhawks at the rate they're going?!?!馃

Registered
Interesting. So there's no USB in the console anymore either then huh??? Add that to the list of goodbyes!!! WTH??? So I guess plugging your phone in is out of the question too??? I'm feeling better, and better about my Classic 2019. Let's see where we're at, 2.0T NLA, heated and cooling ventilated leather seats NLA, memory seats and mirrors NLA, power passenger seat NLA, and now, full time power USB NLA. I guess 2022's, jack stands will be standard, tires and wheels are optional equipment, standard paint will be grey primer, and a milk crate for a seat in all Trailhawks at the rate they're going?!?!馃
Canadian site lists 80th Anniversary, Altitude, Limited & TH Elite as having power passenger seat for '21 as well as memory function. They also mention a remote USB port, which would be the centre console port.
The 2.0T isn't available on the TH anymore, but I think you can still get it on other trims (just checked, Limited, Altitude, and High Alt models).
I don't see any mention of the vented seats anywhere, so probably gone, which honestly isn't that big of a deal. I find that I rarely use mine....maybe if I lived somewhere warmer......lol

Additionally, I have found that the centre storage console USB is always powered while the two forward ports are ignition dependant. This may have changed for '21...no idea.

Registered
Canadian site lists 80th Anniversary, Altitude, Limited & TH Elite as having power passenger seat for '21 as well as memory function. They also mention a remote USB port, which would be the centre console port.
The 2.0T isn't available on the TH anymore, but I think you can still get it on other trims (just checked, Limited, Altitude, and High Alt models).
I don't see any mention of the vented seats anywhere, so probably gone, which honestly isn't that big of a deal. I find that I rarely use mine....maybe if I lived somewhere warmer......lol

Additionally, I have found that the centre storage console USB is always powered while the two forward ports are ignition dependant. This may have changed for '21...no idea.
We're talking about Trailhawks. You can still get all that stuff in a top trim Limited, and that's here in the US...馃槑

Registered
We're talking about Trailhawks. You can still get all that stuff in a top trim Limited, and that's here in the US...馃槑
Well the CDN TH Elite Trim has it, regular TH does not.
Got to entice people to upgrade somehow...lol
None of the TH have a 2.0T though......not that it breaks my heart....I always preferred the V6

Reactions: UN4GTBL

Registered
The Candian Jeep site lists ventilated seats for the Trailhawk Elite. The TH/E is no longer available in the US. The US Jeep site lists ventilated seats available in the Limited and High Altitude models.

Being from "somewhere warmer" (Arizona) it's an often-used feature in my 2019 TH/E 2.0L Turbo. I guess my TH/E Turbo is now a collector's item!

Reactions: AtlCade69

Registered
The Candian Jeep site lists ventilated seats for the Trailhawk Elite. The TH/E is no longer available in the US. The US Jeep site lists ventilated seats available in the Limited and High Altitude models.

Being from "somewhere warmer" (Arizona) it's an often-used feature in my 2019 TH/E 2.0L Turbo. I guess my TH/E Turbo is now a collector's item!
Odd that they would discontinue the Elite trim in the bigger market. They do some strange shite......

Reactions: UN4GTBL

Registered
Well the CDN TH Elite Trim has it, regular TH does not.
Got to entice people to upgrade somehow...lol
None of the TH have a 2.0T though......not that it breaks my heart....I always preferred the V6
Trailhawk Elites are NLA here, along with the above list of NLA's. About the 2.0T, it's been a great engine, and I wouldn't trade it for a Pentastar...馃槑

Registered
2021 Trailhawk Elite 3.2
Discussion Starter #12

Registered
I still see that 12V pl when I look at 2021 Trailhawks on AutoTrader.

One thing I did notice is that they changed the headlight switch to remove the "off" position - it's just running lights, AUTO, and headlights settings now.

View attachment 213430
It's the one's in the center console. I know, weird right...馃槑

Registered
Get a 12V outlet to USB port adapter. The one I have has 2 USB receptacles.
What would be the point of that if based on what he said..

To the op, what to do in your case is to wire into a constant fuse slot, one of the empties preferrably but if they are all switches, then tap into an existing.

do the same test on the empties. I've only had my rig for a few days, so I haven't gotten that far into it yet.

Registered
Doors and windows will be extra 馃槀

1 - 19 of 19 Posts