2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 3.2L Trailhawk Cherokee
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I was looking into upgrading the brakes for my 2016 Trailhawk. I wanted to get new rotors and calipers as well (partly for performance and durability reasons, but also because I love the look of slotted rotors and red calipers), and I've seen people in this group discuss the Power Stop rotors, but never the calipers. I'm curious if any of you guys have done this, and what your experience with them has been like.

This is the set I was looking at Power Stop Z36 Extreme Performance Truck And Tow 1-click Brake Kits With Calipers | Free Shipping To Canada And Usa

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey guys, I was looking into upgrading the brakes for my 2016 Trailhawk. I wanted to get new rotors and calipers as well (partly for performance and durability reasons, but also because I love the look of slotted rotors and red calipers), and I've seen people in this group discuss the Power Stop rotors, but never the calipers. I'm curious if any of you guys have done this, and what your experience with them has been like.

This is the set I was looking at Power Stop Z36 Extreme Performance Truck And Tow 1-click Brake Kits With Calipers | Free Shipping To Canada And Usa
You won’t find the rear calipers in powder coating. If your dead set on it. You’ll have to get it done by a powder coat shop or do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have had very mixed results with their products.. they were the worst pads and rotors I used out of 4 sets on a 2013 outback for example.

Pads super dusty and didnt fit the application well had to grind the pad ears for fit.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,573 Posts
I don't see a problem with the OEM brakes. They are completely sufficient, and efficient. Out of any possible deficiencies on our Cherokees, the brakes aren't one of them...😎

·
Registered
208 Posts
I run the PowerStop Z36 kit on my F150 and must say it was the best $450 I spent on that truck. Would highly recommend PowerStop. However, that is on a heavy 4x4 truck. Not sure about PowerStop on the KL platform. Definitely don't need the Z36 kit.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 3.2L 4x4
43 Posts
Dang those are expensive, seems like OEM is the way to go, seeing as mine are rusty and ugly af I need to spend my budget on that soon , do y’all think it’s worth doing myself or paying more for a mechanic to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,573 Posts
If you know how to do brakes, it's pretty easy. Just make sure you go into the Uconnect settings and release the calipers first, and disable the electric parking brake. If you try and go old school with a C clamp, you'll likely have a bad day...😎

Edit-
Also get the new caliper bolts, they're not reusable...😎

1 - 7 of 7 Posts