2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in DFW still without power besides me? Boredom/no kitchen/warm beer forced me into early bar drinking, which made me need to come home early...28 hours and no electricity is insane. Ebola up the road...its **** near Liberia up in here.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sounds like a good time for a road trip in the Jeep. Before the bar.

· Registered
985 Posts
Dude, that sucks!!! If I wasn't working this weekend I'd invite you up to Carrollton to at least drink cold beer.

Road trip time I guess. Head south maybe and find some good Bar-B-Q?

· Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still not on...no tv for college football and food is spoiled now too. Back to the pub. First world problems.

RT, speaking of bbq, if you haven't been to pecan lodge in deep ellum, you need to go. It's almost as good as the stuff down south.

· Registered
985 Posts
Still not on...no tv for college football and food is spoiled now too. Back to the pub. First world problems.

RT, speaking of bbq, if you haven't been to pecan lodge in deep ellum, you need to go. It's almost as good as the stuff down south.

Yes sir. Stood in line at Farmers Market at the first one. Do like.

· Registered
760 Posts
Had a great time in DFW area last weekend. Although my husband locked me in the truck at the Walmart in Vernon and when I opened the door to get out, it set off the alarm. I couldn't turn if off because I didn't have the key. We came into DFW in the middle of the night behind the storm. Lost an entire tire off the camper somewhere between Decatur and Terrell, on the way to Canton. It's a long, slow 30 miles at 40 mph on 3 camper wheels going down I-20 at 4:30 am between Terrell and Canton. I thought the big rigs were going to blow us off the road. We missed the rain in Canton, and lost half a day looking for someone to knock out the sheared off lugs on the tire hub, so that we could put the spare on. But - they had power in Canton. We did enjoy the help of friendly neighboring campers.

After Canton we headed over meet friends at Cedar Hill at Joe Pool Lake. By the time we got to that campground, their power was back on. Got another tire and rim in Grand Prairie and all was well.

All in all - once the storms passed the weather was great for Canton and the State Fair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.