2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Was about the guy that chimed in about defective struts on hisv2021 Trailhawk being replaced. (Yikes)
But yes, if you have a 2021 you should be concerned about cheap Chinese relays Jeep used, apparently due to the infamous "Parts Shortage". There have been quite a few issues with them. Something you can remedy yourself for less than $100, because they'll probably tell you there's nothing wrong with them...馃槑
Thank you!

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
It was the 2020 model year which had the reports of the bad relays, as I don't recall reading any posts here where it was happening with the 2021s. Certainly possible I missed them though...

People reported that when it was really cold out their Jeeps would startup and then shutdown right away. It turned out it was caused by a bad relay. The bad one was replaced with a proper Denso relay and the problem went away.
Thank you!

Registered
2021 Trailhawk Elite 3.2
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update: Vehicle is back after being in for a week. (they gave me a loaner so no complaints from me)
As for the rust. It was the hitch assembly and it was supposedly not sand blasted properly. (they replaced the whole thing) The front struts were replaced as well as the lifgate module which they needed to open a star case for because it turned out to not be the sensor. Now all is well and I can hopefully enjoy my TH problem free for maybe a couple months ;) Either way I love the thing and will likely buy another one in the future or a GC if I can afford it lol.

Registered
Update: Vehicle is back after being in for a week. (they gave me a loaner so no complaints from me)
As for the rust. It was the hitch assembly and it was supposedly not sand blasted properly. (they replaced the whole thing) The front struts were replaced as well as the lifgate module which they needed to open a star case for because it turned out to not be the sensor. Now all is well and I can hopefully enjoy my TH problem free for maybe a couple months ;) Either way I love the thing and will likely buy another one in the future or a GC if I can afford it lol.
what's the deal with those struts though? Why did they even nee replacing?

Registered
Nice!

Registered
2021 Trailhawk Elite 3.2
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
what's the deal with those struts though? Why did they even nee replacing?
I have no clue started to clunk going over bumps. Dealer said it was a manufacture defect. Oh by the way guys! Day two of having the vehicle back, went to use the AC for the first time today and nothing! AC does not work and has a vacume like sound coming from inside the dash, something related to the hvac system and I鈥檓 assuming it has something to do with the ac not working. Ughh

Registered
I have no clue started to clunk going over bumps. Dealer said it was a manufacture defect. Oh by the way guys! Day two of having the vehicle back, went to use the AC for the first time today and nothing! AC does not work and has a vacume like sound coming from inside the dash, something related to the hvac system and I鈥檓 assuming it has something to do with the ac not working. Ughh
jeeeesus bud. that's some bad luck. no issues with my 2020 (YET knock on wood) .... around 9k miles

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
what are the symptoms of bad struts? creaking sounds?
Usually leakage, just like shocks. They definitely can't be "worn out" already on a 2020, unless you are jumping the thing!!!馃槑

Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
I worked a short stent at a dealership in sales, and I can tell you if the dealership or transpo or anyone along the way wrecks or damages it they will not report it anywhere and will fix it in house. If they do report it, their brand new zero owner vehicle drops in value a fair amount which they obviously don't like. Dealerships also seem to have the idea that any work they do is the same as factory new because they are a dealership, which is rarely the case... Being able to prove without a doubt it has been damaged obviously becomes all but impossible because there are no records of anything anywhere... I am not trying to discourage you, but I would start checking everything. Look at bolts, clips, etc. and see if there is evidence of removal or anything like that. Then go to the dealership and show them, look these bolts or clips or whatever have clearly been removed, so something has happened with this vehicle. All that aside you should still be within your bumper to bumper warranty so I would not stop until it was repaired. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
And I just saw your update post, so ignore my last post... LOL

Reactions: ChrisR
21 - 31 of 31 Posts