2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have all the info you need to know about the new Porsche Taycan, from the 0-60 time to the car's range. We've also got horsepower specs and the all-important price.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse: Porsche -- No. 1 on the list of companies that should know better -- brands the top trims of its new model the Taycan Turbo and the Taycan Turbo S, even though the Taycan is a 100 percent electrically driven vehicle with no turbocharger installed, hoped for, or even dreamed of.

"Turbo" used to mean an actual piece of engine equipment on a Porsche or any car. Now, apparently, it's the same as Mazda's old, "Zoom zoom."

·
Registered
483 Posts
This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse: Porsche -- No. 1 on the list of companies that should know better -- brands the top trims of its new model the Taycan Turbo and the Taycan Turbo S, even though the Taycan is a 100 percent electrically driven vehicle with no turbocharger installed, hoped for, or even dreamed of.

"Turbo" used to mean an actual piece of engine equipment on a Porsche or any car. Now, apparently, it's the same as Mazda's old, "Zoom zoom."
Porsche says
"[The word] 'Turbo' has morphed into a brand name and not a literal description of an engine part, so it's OK to put it on a vehicle that doesn't have an engine, much less turbochargers."

Yeah, I know, I'm rolling my eyes too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts