2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
3281 - 3300 of 3325 Posts

· Registered
2022 Cherokee X
11 Posts
First time Jeep owner and hoping I made the right choice. Bought a 2022 Cherokee X. I didn't need something that was hardcore off-road, but could handle some off-road terrain every now and then to get me where I wanted, i.e. beach driving, forest roads, 4x4 recommended roads like Cathedral Valley Loop out in Utah. Went ahead and got the 8 year/60,000 mile extended warranty to ease my mind some after reading a lot of negative commentary regarding quality/reliability on Reddit. Not sure how much of that is warranted on the 2022 models. Anyhow, have about 10,000 miles worth of trips planned this year so we'll see how it performs!

I will say that the cargo space is small. Mine didn't come with the hitch package and I was looking to get a hitch installed to add a cargo carrier. Uhaul has options for Base model and Trailhawk. I would think that the X would be the same as the Trailhawk, does anyone have any experience with putting a hitchon the X?

Thanks,
Mike

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,785 Posts
First time Jeep owner and hoping I made the right choice. Bought a 2022 Cherokee X. I didn't need something that was hardcore off-road, but could handle some off-road terrain every now and then to get me where I wanted, i.e. beach driving, forest roads, 4x4 recommended roads like Cathedral Valley Loop out in Utah. Went ahead and got the 8 year/80,000 mile extended warranty to ease my mind some after reading a lot of negative commentary regarding quality/reliability on Reddit. Not sure how much of that is warranted on the 2022 models. Anyhow, have about 10,000 miles worth of trips planned this year so we'll see how it performs!

I will say that the cargo space is small. Mine didn't come with the hitch package and I was looking to get a hitch installed to add a cargo carrier. Uhaul has options for Base model and Trailhawk. I would think that the X would be the same as the Trailhawk, does anyone have any experience with putting a hitchon the X?

Thanks,
Mike
Welcome from Utah!!! If you're going to add a hitch, I highly recommend the factory hitch, and wiring harness...😎

· Registered
2021 Trailhawk
12 Posts
Welcome from Arizona. I second getting the factory hitch and there are several Youtube vids out there for installing the factory hitch and wiring if you plan on doing it yourself. It sounds like you have big plans for your new ride. I have a 2021 Trailhawk that came with the factory hitch, but I don't see why an X would be any different. I'm sure wherever you purchase it would tell you if it fits. Enjoy!

· Registered
2014 TH 3.2, 2" lift, 1" spacers, Steelies
297 Posts
First time Jeep owner and hoping I made the right choice. Bought a 2022 Cherokee X. I didn't need something that was hardcore off-road, but could handle some off-road terrain every now and then to get me where I wanted, i.e. beach driving, forest roads, 4x4 recommended roads like Cathedral Valley Loop out in Utah. Went ahead and got the 8 year/60,000 mile extended warranty to ease my mind some after reading a lot of negative commentary regarding quality/reliability on Reddit. Not sure how much of that is warranted on the 2022 models. Anyhow, have about 10,000 miles worth of trips planned this year so we'll see how it performs!

Thanks,
Mike
Hi @stoolchamber , getting a hitch added, either at the dealer or doing yourself is not hard. I added mine to my 2014 TH a couple years ago. What's important is to get either the Mopar or one from eTrailer.com. DON'T get a uHaul hitch if you can avoid it as they usually are universal models that mount under the bumper so you lose ground clearance. The Mopar and eTrailer hitches are made for Cherokees and mount THROUGH the bumper (you may need a replacement facia piece depending on your model).

Check out post #6 in this thread. In included all the details : Adding a mopar trailer hitch

· Registered
13,183 Posts
I've looked at pictures, and the 'X' is basically a non TH with an off-road package. The front is defintely non TH (longer nose, less attack angle), the rear, well, hard to say if the TH and X are similar, or not. Probably a non TH rear, so Mopar hitch should be the one for non THs, whatever that means for the finishing touches.

· Registered
13,183 Posts
Thank you all much for the feedback. You guys are awesome 😎.
It's been a few days, but I just went ahead and did a bit of searching. From what I've seen, the Mopar hitch is the same for all Cherokees, no matter the trim. For 2014-18 model years, non THs, if you add a Mopar hitch you also need a bezel to finish the job. Not sure about 2019+, but I've just found a bezel which says 2022 model X in the fitment list :

HTH.

· Registered
8,785 Posts
Hey all,
Snatched up a white X with the tow package. Not an off-roader but appreciate the extra clearance in the snow. This Cherokee has everything I want and nothing I don't. Very pleased with it so far.
Welcome from Utah!!!😎

· Registered
9 Posts
Finally got my first Jeep!

2014 Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L , bought at 140k miles from a grandma that drove from Utah to California several times a year, now at 150k after a year of ownership -- loving it!!

I LOVE that the inside is luxurious, outside is sleek, and it still kills it off-road... having a blast.

Ordered rocky road rock sliders, rough country 2" lift, stiletto LCA's for the back and the 2" lift in the back, and going to do the pinch weld mod to fit some 31.5"s on there.

The first night:
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

The first basic detail (and last, so far, LOL -- she looks better with mud):
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Testing the limits.... I reached the limit, got high-center on this boulder when we went down the wrong trail at Cleghorn in Southern California... ended up PULLING it off from below, with 2 straps and a bungee rope -- barely made it, LOL, and might have bent the LCA, thus the stiletto upgrade... Tried going around, then backed up to go the other way, but the back end slid DOWN instead... I have now acquired traction boards, which would have gotten me out of this situation LOL:

Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Car

Excited for all the adventures to come!!

Rob

· Registered
8,785 Posts
Hello from Ohio.
I just replaced my 2017 Cherokee limited on Friday with a 2019 Trailhawk. It was a lease with 23k miles on it. Looking for some info for a couple mods.
Well, you've come to the right place...Welcome from Utah!!!😎

3281 - 3300 of 3325 Posts