2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
2,941 - 2,960 of 3,577 Posts
Hi! I’m Matt. I Have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee US Market from Canada. Thanks for getting infos from this forum for all users!
Welcome from Utah, USA!!!😎

New to this forum but not new to automotive forums in general.

Anyway, we just picked up a 2021 Spitfire Orange Cherokee 80th Anniversary Edition to replace my wife's 14 Dart that was lost to an altercation with a deer.

The deer did us a big favor and I thank him for his sacrifice! We had been talking about a bigger vehicle to replace the Dart. As a result of the Dart being totalled we received about 2 to 3x what we would have gotten on a trade.

Our other vehicles include;
My daily 17 Ecoboost Mustang Premium with the Performance Package.
My toy a 68 Plymouth Barracuda (owned for 24 years).
Our spare vehicle an 01 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4.

Dave
Welcome!

"Altercation with Deer" haha Been there, done that.

How about posting a picture of your 68 Cuda for us? :)

Reactions: Flybynightcru
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Okay...after the issue with the rear diff modulator a couple weeks ago, finally picked up my new 2021 Cherokee Trailhawk 3 days ago. He's now parked where he should be; my driveway! The 60km drive home from the dealership had me with a grin that near split my head in half.
Put 350km on the clock since. He handles the highway like a quiet, understated gentleman, and attacks the steep hairpins of the wopwops nearby like a viking. Loads of grunt ("What hill?") and just felt confidently planted round whatever bend I threw him (round here the culture is to try and avoid using those annoying brakey things when it comes to mountain bends). Gear shifts are pretty smooth, and well matched to hilly stuff. The steering response is fantastic.
Lost a game of chicken with an oncoming ute on a narrow gravel road yesterday and the TH just squidged across the mud-rutted verge and back onto the track without missing a beat.
Never had so much fun in a car for a long while. Can definitely now see why Jeep owners will love their vehicles whatever problems they may give them. If this TH gives me a garage issue, my concern will be just how long will it be before I can get back in him!

View attachment 214489

Okay...after the issue with the rear diff modulator a couple weeks ago, finally picked up my new 2021 Cherokee Trailhawk 3 days ago. He's now parked where he should be; my driveway! The 60km drive home from the dealership had me with a grin that near split my head in half.
Put 350km on the clock since. He handles the highway like a quiet, understated gentleman, and attacks the steep hairpins of the wopwops nearby like a viking. Loads of grunt ("What hill?") and just felt confidently planted round whatever bend I threw him (round here the culture is to try and avoid using those annoying brakey things when it comes to mountain bends). Gear shifts are pretty smooth, and well matched to hilly stuff. The steering response is fantastic.
Lost a game of chicken with an oncoming ute on a narrow gravel road yesterday and the TH just squidged across the mud-rutted verge and back onto the track without missing a beat.
Never had so much fun in a car for a long while. Can definitely now see why Jeep owners will love their vehicles whatever problems they may give them. If this TH gives me a garage issue, my concern will be just how long will it be before I can get back in him!
Excellent!!! Glad they got you squared away, and you are enjoying your new Trailhawk...😎
Edit-
Upon closer inspection of your photo, I noticed a couple of subtle differences immediately, factory tow hitch, and it's also equipped with a shark fin antenna. Wondering what else is different on your Down Under model??? This is very intriguing. LOL...😎

Yes, I found all the trims on Youtube US reviews confusing! We get just the one trim level choice of TH here. We get all the electronic toys bar sunroof as standard, although I noticed I don't have the heated steering wheel in this one (mentioned in Jeep NZ spec sheet!). Not a loss here in Nelson and Bays though; mild winters and no snow except on the mountain tops. And the overhead sunglass holder has disappeared. Again, no loss since the top dashboard compartment is handier. The boot (trunk?) is fully carpeted, including side-walls, and we get leather seats, not vinyl/cloth.....and the Yokohama Geolandar SUV tyres, for some reason, not Firestone AT's. Oh, and smart aluminum gear shift paddles. We don't get Sirius here, would that have anything to do with the antenna type? The Mopar tow hitch I had fitted as an option at the dealers, but a bit miffed yesterday when I hitched up the boat to discover the lights aren't working! For this area that's a capital offence!! So...back to the dealers today I guess.

Yes, I found all the trims on Youtube US reviews confusing! We get just the one trim level choice of TH here. We get all the electronic toys bar sunroof as standard, although I noticed I don't have the heated steering wheel in this one (mentioned in Jeep NZ spec sheet!). Not a loss here in Nelson and Bays though; mild winters and no snow except on the mountain tops. And the overhead sunglass holder has disappeared. Again, no loss since the top dashboard compartment is handier. The boot (trunk?) is fully carpeted, including side-walls, and we get leather seats, not vinyl/cloth.....and the Yokohama Geolandar SUV tyres, for some reason, not Firestone AT's. Oh, and smart aluminum gear shift paddles. We don't get Sirius here, would that have anything to do with the antenna type? The Mopar tow hitch I had fitted as an option at the dealers, but a bit miffed yesterday when I hitched up the boat to discover the lights aren't working! For this area that's a capital offence!! So...back to the dealers today I guess.
Wish we had the paddle shifters!!! A few have tried to retrofit them, but I don't think anyone has been successful yet. I don't think you need heated seats where you're at, but I'm sure ventilated leather would be nice in the summer months. I love mine!!!😎

I don't think you need heated seats where you're at, but I'm sure ventilated leather would be nice in the summer months. I love mine!!!😎
We use the heated seats in winter, if the car is left out overnight (we can get overnight frosts of -3, but when the sun gets out of its pyjamas, then no, not so much! And the dog appreciates the remote start before she is thrown in the back for her early morning walk I have noticed). Not tried ventilated seats yet...completely new thing for us, so really looking forward to trying out in the summer. Hopefully no more sticky hot seats! Really loving this car. I feel sort of lost when I have to get out of it, and looking for another excuse for an expedition.

Hey again Neighbour,
Yep no need for heated seats here on the east coast of Aus neither!
And I know how you feel when you talk about not wanting to get out of her, same with me also, me and the ball and chain fight over who’s turn it is to drive her :)

Hey,everyone john here from pittsburgh pa..Was a master tech for dodge jeep 15yrs..
owned a few older cherokees 90ish and a few grands 2000ish..Alot has changed why im here!
now got a 15 cherokee limited active drive 2..43k miles

Attachments

Hey,everyone john here from pittsburgh pa..Was a master tech for dodge jeep 15yrs..
owned a few older cherokees 90ish and a few grands 2000ish..Alot has changed why im here!
Welcome from Utah!!!😎

Reactions: new15jeeppgh
Hey again Neighbour, me and the ball and chain fight over who’s turn it is to drive her :)
Well....not wishing to encourage marital strife, but my significant other is quite short....I'd simply put the car in for a 3 inch lift......sorted!

[Safety Note: Raising your car in this circumstance may lead to serious injury or even death]

Well....not wishing to encourage marital strife, but my significant other is quite short....I'd simply put the car in for a 3 inch lift......sorted!

[Safety Note: Raising your car in this circumstance may lead to serious injury or even death]
Don't go more than 2", or there will be drama associated...Best advice is 2 inch spacer lift, and some Bilstien B6 struts and shocks. Good to go, drama free Mate!!!😎

Reactions: Banjobee
Hi, all! Dropping in to introduce myself after lurking for ages. I've got a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk L+, which I've had for nearly 3 years. I had a 2001 Wrangler until about a year ago. It was nice - 4" lift, big tires - but it sat in our driveway and was rarely driven. Before my Cherokee, my daily driver was a 2015 Renegade (which I LOVED) with a MySky + tow package. Years before that, I had a Grand Cherokee, and a Cherokee Limited before that.

Hi, all! Dropping in to introduce myself after lurking for ages. I've got a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk L+, which I've had for nearly 3 years. I had a 2001 Wrangler until about a year ago. It was nice - 4" lift, big tires - but it sat in our driveway and was rarely driven. Before my Cherokee, my daily driver was a 2015 Renegade (which I LOVED) with a MySky + tow package. Years before that, I had a Grand Cherokee, and a Cherokee Limited before that.
Welcome from Utah!!!😎

Welcome, neighbor! Here's an old post of mine that you may enjoy: Crawling with Jeeps.

Morning All!

Just joined the site, I currently own a Subaru WRX actually, and looking to get something a little more Colorado appropriate. I am finding myself in the mountains a lot more, and look forward to checking off "14ers" off my list. I was looking at the Jeep Wrangler 4xe, but since it is brand new as of this year and also the price, I believe the 2021 Cherokee trailhawk is more for me. I have watched a number of YouTube videos of an owner from Colorado doing quite a few of the kind of trails I would like to do to get to the upper 4x4 trailheads. I understand I might need to put a little more lift onto it, but the price point is much better than Wrangler for my needs.

My question being, folks from the mountain states, how do you like the Cherokee trailhawk for off-road trails? I know that's really generic, but just trying to get ideas on where I can take it, even if I have to modify it slightly. If you purchased yours new, any regrets on options you took? Maybe options you didn't find you needed? I am not new to 4x4 vehicles, I had a couple Liberties back in the day, and have switched to Subaru for about 5 years now.

Thanks!

Morning All!

Just joined the site, I currently own a Subaru WRX actually, and looking to get something a little more Colorado appropriate. I am finding myself in the mountains a lot more, and look forward to checking off "14ers" off my list. I was looking at the Jeep Wrangler 4xe, but since it is brand new as of this year and also the price, I believe the 2021 Cherokee trailhawk is more for me. I have watched a number of YouTube videos of an owner from Colorado doing quite a few of the kind of trails I would like to do to get to the upper 4x4 trailheads. I understand I might need to put a little more lift onto it, but the price point is much better than Wrangler for my needs.

My question being, folks from the mountain states, how do you like the Cherokee trailhawk for off-road trails? I know that's really generic, but just trying to get ideas on where I can take it, even if I have to modify it slightly. If you purchased yours new, any regrets on options you took? Maybe options you didn't find you needed? I am not new to 4x4 vehicles, I had a couple Liberties back in the day, and have switched to Subaru for about 5 years now.

Thanks!
Welcome from Utah!!! The Trailhawk is a great choice. I spend about half the year in Moab, and I can assure you, they are as capable on the trail as they are taking the kids to soccer practice. Wranglers are nice, if all you do is offroading, but as far as practicality goes, they drive like a dump truck around town. That's where the Trailhawk shines. Hope that helps...😎

2,941 - 2,960 of 3,577 Posts