2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2901 - 2920 of 2979 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kiaora!

Meet "Iti Kararehe" or "Little Beast", 2021 V6 Cherokee Trail Hawk. Sweet as. First Jeep. Picture sent to me by the dealers where he arrived this morning, New Zealand time, still with his wrapper on. Can't wait to pick him up.

View attachment 214236

We get two Cherokee choices here; Limited and Trail Hawk, both V6 and both tricked out with what I guess are Elite and Tech packages? (Nav, PA, Lane Keep, ACC, Alpine stereo etc.), but no sunroof. We also get gear paddles and a full carpet-lined boot as standard (plus Yokohama Geolandar SUV tyres - Why? No idea).

Can't wait to get him out into the Wopwops.

Sure I will get a lot of good advice from this forum. Looking forward to it.
Hi,
And welcome from Queensland!

Nice colour, what’s it called?

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,608 Posts
Kiaora!

Meet "Iti Kararehe" or "Little Beast", 2021 V6 Cherokee Trail Hawk. Sweet as. First Jeep. Picture sent to me by the dealers where he arrived this morning, New Zealand time, still with his wrapper on. Can't wait to pick him up.

View attachment 214236

We get two Cherokee choices here; Limited and Trail Hawk, both V6 and both tricked out with what I guess are Elite and Tech packages? (Nav, PA, Lane Keep, ACC, Alpine stereo etc.), but no sunroof. We also get gear paddles and a full carpet-lined boot as standard (plus Yokohama Geolandar SUV tyres - Why? No idea).

Can't wait to get him out into the Wopwops.

Sure I will get a lot of good advice from this forum. Looking forward to it.
Welcome from Utah, USA!!! Congrats on the new Trailhawk...😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
And welcome from Queensland!

Nice colour, what’s it called?
Hi there, fellow Antipodean. Its called Light Brownstone.

Truth is, it was the only colour available on the inventory coming in on the boat a couple of weeks ago when I ordered. Otherwise I was facing a 6 month wait minimum for a personal choice.

I wasn't sure at first but I am beginning to really quite like it. But...its a Trail Hawk...I would have gone for pink if that was the only choice available (okay...maybe not!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome from Utah, USA!!! Congrats on the new Trailhawk...😎
Why thank you kind sir! I am rather chuffed with my choice. Was going for a Wrangler 2dr Sport, but decided on the comfort factor, rather than the iconic factor, for my 4WD. Used to bomb around in a short wheel base Land Rover many years ago, lots of fun, guess I was hankering after those days again, but don't think my older bones could take the discomfort now!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

New to forum - I have a 2018 Jeep Cherokee Limited v6. All black looking to add the amp and sub package the girl got herself. Have it all installed just got to figure out what and where to ground the ground cable to to finalize the install.

I have the lc2i and skar single 12 800 watt amp package.

Thanks,

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut. I grounded mine on the big bolt between the rear seats and rear hatch

·
Registered
14 Posts
Okay...so I proudly join the forum and announce my new Light Brownstone Cherokee Trail Hawk on here a couple of days ago. Then I get a call from the dealer yesterday who was fitting a tow bar for me before handover today. Apparently a warning light came on as they were reversing it out of the workshop. Faulty modulator for the rear diff, or somesuch.
No spare in New Zealand and it currently looks like none to be had in Aussieland either. Dealer says that Jeep NZ insist on spares from the US being shipped by container which could take weeks. (I suspect this may be something to do with the global chip shortage and I am being stalled here).
Not a very happy first time Jeep customer is I! Will be with the dealer this morning first thing to discuss options. Waiting weeks for spares for a brand new car just out of the box not gonna happen!
A real disappointment.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Okay...so I proudly join the forum and announce my new Light Brownstone Cherokee Trail Hawk on here a couple of days ago. Then I get a call from the dealer yesterday who was fitting a tow bar for me before handover today. Apparently a warning light came on as they were reversing it out of the workshop. Faulty modulator for the rear diff, or somesuch.
No spare in New Zealand and it currently looks like none to be had in Aussieland either. Dealer says that Jeep NZ insist on spares from the US being shipped by container which could take weeks. (I suspect this may be something to do with the global chip shortage and I am being stalled here).
Not a very happy first time Jeep customer is I! Will be with the dealer this morning first thing to discuss options. Waiting weeks for spares for a brand new car just out of the box not gonna happen!
A real disappointment.
Aw Mate, that's not good!!! 2020-2021 has not been the pinnacle of quality, pretty much across the board for ALL manufacturers, and it's pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. Glad I got mine in 2019...Good luck, and please keep us posted...😎

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to JeepCherokeeClub!

We pride ourselves on being a friendly place for discussions about Jeep, Cherokees, and everything in between.

We ask that you both post an introduction here and introduce yourselves to our great community, and please also support our vendors that work hard to bring you the best products they can at the best prices they can.

From your moderator team,
Joe
I have a new to me 2019 Cherokee Limited on Long Island, NY. I am very pleased with the vehicle in general, but I am not happy with the sound system. So much base that the speakers rattle. Have to turn the base and midrange down to zero. Has anyone had the same problem

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I have a new to me 2019 Cherokee Limited on Long Island, NY. I am very pleased with the vehicle in general, but I am not happy with the sound system. So much base that the speakers rattle. Have to turn the base and midrange down to zero. Has anyone had the same problem
Welcome from Utah!!! Do you have the Premium Alpine 9 speaker system, or the standard 6 speaker system???😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aw Mate, that's not good!!! 2020-2021 has not been the pinnacle of quality, pretty much across the board for ALL manufacturers, and it's pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. Glad I got mine in 2019...Good luck, and please keep us posted...😎
Update: Dealer genuinely embarrassed by the issue. Chief salesman spoke to owner of the dealership chain who gave Jeep NZ a rocket for insisting the replacement modulator be included on next spares containership and its now being DHL'd here from the US as I write this. As a backstop the dealers are negotiating for one of three new TH's currently arrived at Auckland docks with a view to stripping the part out should that prove the quicker option (courier could take 2-3 weeks). Also offered me another TH due to arrive later next month if I wished.

My Domestic CEO, however, fell in love with my Brownstone Pearlcoat TH that was sat in the showroom when we arrived (She has her own Cooper S, mind you). She loved the colour (previously described by her, from the brochure picture, as "Eeeuuh! Pig squit!"). So I opted to keep the Brownstone (fingers crossed) for domestic harmony. The only one of that colour in NZ apparently.

The owner of the dealership happened to be on site and insisted on apologising to me in person and immediately offered me a 3 year free service plan by way of a 'sorry'.

Very happy with the dealership response, very, very happy with the bodywork and interior quality of the vehicle (passed my wife's intensive quality door 'thunk' tests) since I took a punt on this without a TH to look at or test drive when I ordered. Far better than the top spec CRV I am trading, and that's not bad. As for technology reliability, the jury is out, I guess. Also my old boney harris is very happy I went for this, not the Wrangler. And the boss is happy that my grumpiness factor has now diminished from max of 10 to its normal 6 rating (okay...7).

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Update: Dealer genuinely embarrassed by the issue. Chief salesman spoke to owner of the dealership chain who gave Jeep NZ a rocket for insisting the replacement modulator be included on next spares containership and its now being DHL'd here from the US as I write this. As a backstop the dealers are negotiating for one of three new TH's currently arrived at Auckland docks with a view to stripping the part out should that prove the quicker option (courier could take 2-3 weeks). Also offered me another TH due to arrive later next month if I wished.

My Domestic CEO, however, fell in love with my Brownstone Pearlcoat TH that was sat in the showroom when we arrived (She has her own Cooper S, mind you). She loved the colour (previously described by her, from the brochure picture, as "Eeeuuh! Pig squit!"). So I opted to keep the Brownstone (fingers crossed) for domestic harmony. The only one of that colour in NZ apparently.

The owner of the dealership happened to be on site and insisted on apologising to me in person and immediately offered me a 3 year free service plan by way of a 'sorry'.

Very happy with the dealership response, very, very happy with the bodywork and interior quality of the vehicle (passed my wife's intensive quality door 'thunk' tests) since I took a punt on this without a TH to look at or test drive when I ordered. Far better than the top spec CRV I am trading, and that's not bad. As for technology reliability, the jury is out, I guess. Also my old boney harris is very happy I went for this, not the Wrangler. And the boss is happy that my grumpiness factor has now diminished from max of 10 to its normal 6 rating (okay...7).
Well, it sounds like things are looking up!!! I think you will learn to love your new Trailhawk as much as I do mine. BTW, what engine did you get? I know the 2.0TDI is available in your market, and seems very popular, as it is a great little diesel. Unfortunately it's not available in the North American market, likely due to the Volkswagen debacle a few years back. I have not seen the Brownstone KL yet, but have seen photos. There's plenty of black, white, and granite Cherokees running around the US though. My Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat is also extremely rare, and I like that. It's nice coming out to a parking lot full of white SUV's (very popular here for whatever reason) and being able to easily find mine in the crowd...LOL!!! Glad the wife approved, that's always a plus!!! You know what they say, happy wife, happy life!!! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress, it sounds like you have gotten lucky to have a great dealer that still actually cares about their customers...😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, it sounds like things are looking up!!! I think you will learn to love your new Trailhawk as much as I do mine. BTW, what engine did you get? I know the 2.0TDI is available in your market, and seems very popular, as it is a great little diesel. Unfortunately it's not available in the North American market, likely due to the Volkswagen debacle a few years back. I have not seen the Brownstone KL yet, but have seen photos. There's plenty of black, white, and granite Cherokees running around the US though. My Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat is also extremely rare, and I like that. It's nice coming out to a parking lot full of white SUV's (very popular here for whatever reason) and being able to easily find mine in the crowd...LOL!!! Glad the wife approved, that's always a plus!!! You know what they say, happy wife, happy life!!! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress, it sounds like you have gotten lucky to have a great dealer that still actually cares about their customers...😎
Interesting what you say about the 2.0TDI. Its obviously no longer an option offered here, or Aus I believe (they get the 3.2 V6 or 2.4 Tigershark I think, and choices of Sport, S-Limited, Limited and TH). In NZ we get just the two trims, Limited and TH, both with 3.2 V6 only, plus all the techno and luxury toys (bar the sunroof) standard.

I really do like that Olive Green of yours, I have to say. If I had had the patience to wait 6 months or more for personal orders its the colour I would have gone for. But the Brownstone is one of those colours that seems so different every time you look at it in different lighting. Photos just don't seem to do it justice. Looked stunning in the flesh this morning despite my initial reaction to it in photos as 'meh!'. And the LBS Jeep brochure photo is just awful, nothing like.

And yes, I landed on my feet with the local dealership, so far. Part of the reason I am still going ahead with the TH I bought in the first place, despite the issue.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Interesting what you say about the 2.0TDI. Its obviously no longer an option offered here, or Aus I believe (they get the 3.2 V6 or 2.4 Tigershark I think, and choices of Sport, S-Limited, Limited and TH). In NZ we get just the two trims, Limited and TH, both with 3.2 V6 only, plus all the techno and luxury toys (bar the sunroof) standard.

I really do like that Olive Green of yours, I have to say. If I had had the patience to wait 6 months or more for personal orders its the colour I would have gone for. But the Brownstone is one of those colours that seems so different every time you look at it in different lighting. Photos just don't seem to do it justice. Looked stunning in the flesh this morning despite my initial reaction to it in photos as 'meh!'. And the LBS Jeep brochure photo is just awful, nothing like.

And yes, I landed on my feet with the local dealership, so far. Part of the reason I am still going ahead with the TH I bought in the first place, despite the issue.
That's very interesting that the diesel is no longer available. Kind of like the 2.0T that is still available in other trim levels, is no longer available in our Trailhawks, which is also very puzzling to all of us who have one. It's proving to be one of the best, most reliable Jeep powerplants in a very long time, probably since the 4.0 straight six. It works very well with the ZF9 transmission, and has great performance manners both on. and offroad. I believe both Pentastars, the 2.4 and the 3.2 are long overdue for a complete reengineered update, as they are both very old designs as far as modern engine technology goes. I'd like to see something similar to Fords EcoBoost V6's, only maybe better. My expertise is V8's, and we've all seen how far they have all come in the last few years as far as performance and efficiency goes, from almost all manufacturers. Who knows, maybe Stellantis has a plan for the Pentastars, I really hope they do...😎

2901 - 2920 of 2979 Posts